Do You Want to Win Another Game This Season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Want to Win Another Game This Season?

Would you prefer to lose out or win em all?

• Total voters
I can't see us drafting top 3 but drafting top 6 or 7 is very realistic at this point. SF would have to win out and that's not gonna happen so SF and the browns will be 1 and 2....Indy probably 3 and you got the giants up there too and the bears and broncos......we have to lose to the broncos, actually lose out to have a chance for the 6 or 7 spot

Ozzy rules!!
You aren't getting it....The Bears play the Broncos. The Broncos still play the Jets, and there are many more games where the teams close to us in record play each other. The texans play the Colts and have other games with teams that have 3-5 wins.We have the hardest remaining schedule by far except for the Jets who have a similar remaining schedule.

And San Fran doesn't need to win out, they only need to win 2-3 to make it very interesting. Seattle is reeling with injuries and the Cardinals are well capable of losing to any team. Do not underestimate the 49ers with a good QB. They will be tough next year.

I'll take the very short-term happiness of a win over the long-term misery of watching Tannenbaum squander a higher pick.

I voted run the table. I always want the team to win. That said, I wouldn't be surprised at all by a 4-12 or 5-11 finish. This is a bad team throughout.

I'm not sure if there is one unit that's above average on the team. I thought at wide receiver, but I'm disappointed with Parker's play. He has #1 talent, but it's not showing up often. The defensive line is overrated. I think it's an average unit with one superstar in Suh.

Drafting higher may help, but I keep reading/hearing that this is not supposed to be a good draft. I think the top talent is Barkley and the running back position is usually not valued that high. Lots of questions with the top four quarterbacks who figure to go high. I don't see an elite pass rusher. There is some nice top end talent in the secondary and pretty good depth at running back.

Next week will be very telling. If the Dolphins lose to the Broncos, and the Bucs beat the Packers, the 49ers beat the Bears , and the Texans beat the Titans in somewhat of an upset, and the Giants beat the Raiders....then it's on big time.

The Bears still play the Browns and would follow us based on strength of schedule. Texans still play the Colts and the 49ers.

I tell ya, if we lose out, we will be picking very,very high.

I cannot endorse losing out to get a higher draft pick no matter how tempting it may seem. I can understand the logic behind such a scenario but that type of approach is awful. You play to win, whether it be sports, life, relationships....etc.

I want to lose out, but when I watch I want them to win. The main reason I want lose out isn’t for the draft pick. Dispite being inadequate in many areas the front office and staff will most likely get a pass and nothing will change. If we lose the next 5 games, and this roster quits and humiliates us it’s the only chance we have of drastic moves being made. I don’t mind Gase getting another year, but Mike T has to go. I also want Clyde fired and Burke demoted at best. The only chance is of this happening is 4-12 or 5-11.

yes, the worse the record, the more likely we get change. lose out

Next week will be very telling. If the Dolphins lose to the Broncos, and the Bucs beat the Packers, the 49ers beat the Bears , and the Texans beat the Titans in somewhat of an upset, and the Giants beat the Raiders....then it's on big time.

The Bears still play the Browns and would follow us based on strength of schedule. Texans still play the Colts and the 49ers.

I tell ya, if we lose out, we will be picking very,very high.
This thought scares me, because of the F/O situation. I’m truly scared of all these QBs, not one of them are truly worthy of being #1 and get the feeling there is some bust potential in them. If Miami somehow picks top 3, I’d be looking to trade down for a kings ransom.

I never want to lose to the Bills and it would be fun to spoil their playoff hopes. They aren’t very good, but they are still at a much higher level of “bad” than the Dolphins.

Keep on mind people that we have no say on if we win or lose out. The team goes out there to play the games so at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what we want. I know there's no way Gase and the other coaches want to lose. What I want most is to see Gase play the younger guys which with all the injuries he might have no choice. We're going to see way more of Drake on Sunday with DW out. It'd be good to see Carroo and Gray get more snaps and actually call their number to see what they can do. Losing out will probably take care of itself the way we have been playing but I want to see what we have with the younger guys

Ozzy rules!!

This thought scares me, because of the F/O situation. I’m truly scared of all these QBs, not one of them are truly worthy of being #1 and get the feeling there is some bust potential in them. If Miami somehow picks top 3, I’d be looking to trade down for a kings ransom.
I've been saying that all along. If we're drafting high then moving down for extra picks makes lots of sense with all the holes we have. I don't want us to move down into the 20's unless they gives us a ton of good picks to do. Lets face it, we're not one great player away. We need many good players that can do their job

Ozzy rules!!

You aren't getting it....The Bears play the Broncos. The Broncos still play the Jets, and there are many more games where the teams close to us in record play each other. The texans play the Colts and have other games with teams that have 3-5 wins.We have the hardest remaining schedule by far except for the Jets who have a similar remaining schedule.

And San Fran doesn't need to win out, they only need to win 2-3 to make it very interesting. Seattle is reeling with injuries and the Cardinals are well capable of losing to any team. Do not underestimate the 49ers with a good QB. They will be tough next year.
Oh I totally get what you're saying but you're forgetting that if SF beats those teams that are higher than us right now then those teams stay ahead of us. You can't have it both ways. At this point there're 3 teams with a lower record than us that we might be able to draft in front of and those 3 teams are Denver, bears and colts.
At this point I have the bears going 2-3 in their last 5 games which would give them 5 wins for the yeat
I have the colts going 1-4 which would give them 4 wins so it'd depend on SOS and of course that's IF we lose out
Now the broncos have 3 wins so we must lose to them in order to have a chance to draft ahead of them.
I don't see a path for us to draft in front of the browns, niners or giants........drafting in front of the colts will be hard too. Finishing with a lower record than the colts and broncos is possible but not easy. But a top 10 pick is very likely. I just hope the FO doesn't mess that up once again

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom