Do You Want to Win Another Game This Season? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Want to Win Another Game This Season?

Would you prefer to lose out or win em all?

• Total voters
Oh I totally get what you're saying but you're forgetting that if SF beats those teams that are higher than us right now then those teams stay ahead of us. You can't have it both ways. At this point there're 3 teams with a lower record than us that we might be able to draft in front of and those 3 teams are Denver, bears and colts.
At this point I have the bears going 2-3 in their last 5 games which would give them 5 wins for the yeat
I have the colts going 1-4 which would give them 4 wins so it'd depend on SOS and of course that's IF we lose out
Now the broncos have 3 wins so we must lose to them in order to have a chance to draft ahead of them.
I don't see a path for us to draft in front of the browns, niners or giants........drafting in front of the colts will be hard too. Finishing with a lower record than the colts and broncos is possible but not easy. But a top 10 pick is very likely. I just hope the FO doesn't mess that up once again

Ozzy rules!!

You haven't spent enough time examining the remaining matchups. There are too many games where the teams in question play each other and there has to be a winner. The only remaining game we have with a losing team is next week against the Broncos with their top ten defense. We don't have a top ten anything, pretty much bottom tier all over the place. It is not surprising that the Vegas odds makers have us as underdogs against the Broncos.

This thought scares me, because of the F/O situation. I’m truly scared of all these QBs, not one of them are truly worthy of being #1 and get the feeling there is some bust potential in them. If Miami somehow picks top 3, I’d be looking to trade down for a kings ransom.

That is exactly why I would want a top pick. Trade down for more picks. Too bad we won’t have the 1st pick. Someone like Cleveland will sell their future for that. But I think a top 3 pick will be difficult with all of the **** teams this year fighting for it. Top 5 is doable.

btw, this is the order that they're predicting based on the records they feel each team will end up with and SOS. They do the 10000 computer thing and of course it might not happen like this but anyway, here's their list of the top 10

1. Cleveland Browns (0-11)

2. San Francisco 49ers (1-10)

3. Indianapolis Colts (3-8)

4. New York Giants (2-9)

5. Denver Broncos (3-8)

6. New York Jets (4-7)

7. Chicago Bears (3-8)

8. Miami Dolphins (4-7)

9. Arizona Cardinals (5-6)

10. Tampa Bay

Surely we can beat that Jets at sucking for a pick. They actually play more competitively than us.

btw, this is the order that they're predicting based on the records they feel each team will end up with and SOS. They do the 10000 computer thing and of course it might not happen like this but anyway, here's their list of the top 10

1. Cleveland Browns (0-11)

2. San Francisco 49ers (1-10)

3. Indianapolis Colts (3-8)

4. New York Giants (2-9)

5. Denver Broncos (3-8)

6. New York Jets (4-7)

7. Chicago Bears (3-8)

8. Miami Dolphins (4-7)

9. Arizona Cardinals (5-6)

10. Tampa Bay

This is just straight stupid. The Bears play the Colts and the Browns. They aren't finishing with three wins. Projecting that a team like the Broncos with a top ten defense is going to lose to the Texans,and Dolphins, and Jets, is absurd.

This projection is made up. It isn't scientific, it can't be. Somebody is just selling their website.

Next week will give a much clearer picture.

It doesn't matter, I just root for the team which has no impact on the outcome of the games. I understand losing out helps us possibly acquire elite talent but I also understand what I want doesn't matter, this is where many finheavners fail. I can't stand the folks who start the, "Meaningless Wins" or the "The Guys Who Root For The Team to Win Don't Get It" threads. I've even seen posters go as far as sort of blame fans for the wins they didn't want. I'm going to cheer how I cheer and the team is going to win or lose regardless as the 2 are not connected. I wish more fans understood this very simple concept.

Last time this board was in lose out mode everyone was upset it didn't happen. How many super bowls have the Colts won since they sucked for Luck. The way this place was acting it has to be every Super Bowl since 2012 right?.

Sad to say that I just don't care anymore. Been a fan for nearly 30 years and have never seen them in a Superbowl.

Closest they came was in '92 when they were embarassed at home by the Bills in the AFC Championship Game. Over my years following the team I have dealt with seeing the hated Bills in 4 straight Superbowls while Marino and the Dolphins were left out in the cold. I have seethingly watched the devil incarnate Patriots in 7 Superbowls winning 5 of them.

All that time the Dolphins have been between terrible and mediocre. At this point I have lost all hope and have become almost numb to the teams consistent failure.

The only silver lining that may come out of this season is a better draft spot. Since I have no faith in the people currently running the team even that potential positive leaves me with little joy.

Win.

Win win win!

Our draft history has proven that a high draft pick don't mean jack. Teams turn things around with #20 picks just as much as #1 picks.

I will never, ever cheer for this team to lose. If that's your mentality, then get your candy ass out of here and go be a Browns fan. You'll have many years of joy.

Lose out, get better draft position, draft a blue-chipper and develop the rest of your picks, get rid of Tannebaum and everyone associated with him.

They will lose to the awful Broncos. Get embarassed at home by the Patriots. Get swept by the Bills. Become the much needed elixer for the downward spiralling Chiefs. No this team will not win another game. Started the season by some miracle 4-2 but with a big kick in the balls by reality will end the season at 4-12 after 10 straight loses.

This is just straight stupid. The Bears play the Colts and the Browns. They aren't finishing with three wins. Projecting that a team like the Broncos with a top ten defense is going to lose to the Texans,and Dolphins, and Jets, is absurd.

This projection is made up. It isn't scientific, it can't be. Somebody is just selling their website.

Next week will give a much clearer picture.
But that right there is what I'm talking about. If the bears beat the colts then it keeps pushing the colts up even more. You think some teams will lose to SF but then turn around and beat better teams....you're wanting to have it both ways but keep on mind that it doesn't matter what WE both think will happen. The only thing that matters is what happens on the field. At this point thought I believe that getting the 8 pick is more realistic than getting the 3rd pick thought I'd be fine with somewhere in the middle of those 2 spots

Ozzy rules!!

Win.

Win win win!

Our draft history has proven that a high draft pick don't mean jack. Teams turn things around with #20 picks just as much as #1 picks.

I will never, ever cheer for this team to lose. If that's your mentality, then get your candy *** out of here and go be a Browns fan. You'll have many years of joy.
The Rams, Eagles, Jaguars, Bills, and Vikings would disagree with your point of view.

We've only had two top 10 draft picks in the last decade so we don't have much "history". Not counting Dion since we traded up for him. And even then, those picks were: Tannehill, best QB we've had since Marino, and Jake Long, best LT in the game before injuries.

The upcoming draft is kinda' weak at the top so I'm not 100% on board with tanking unless we're targeting a QB.

I’m fine with losing out. The playoffs aren’t possible so there’s no point in winning anymore games.

Losers mentality? The team is the one who is instilling said mentality, not us.

Back
Top Bottom