"Doc Hudson" our key to success? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Doc Hudson" our key to success?

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
What can I say, I have a three year old, so everything tends to be seen through a screen of Disney/Pixar films. Hudson Houck, our "Doc Hudson", seems to be the key to our success in 2006. I for one remember WAY too many holding penalties, linemen downfield, and a myriad of other stupid drive killing penalties from our O-lines the last decade or so. If Doc Hudson can keep working his magic, massaging the line into a cohesive unit, and developing them still further, than we really might be in for an offensive season the likes of which we haven't seen in over ten years. I'm old school in that I think a teams success begins and ends at the O-line, I've seen teams win Superbowls with weaknesses at EVERY other position, but never at O-line.

PhinPhan1227 said:
What can I say, I have a three year old, so everything tends to be seen through a screen of Disney/Pixar films. Hudson Houck, our "Doc Hudson", seems to be the key to our success in 2006. I for one remember WAY too many holding penalties, linemen downfield, and a myriad of other stupid drive killing penalties from our O-lines the last decade or so. If Doc Hudson can keep working his magic, massaging the line into a cohesive unit, and developing them still further, than we really might be in for an offensive season the likes of which we haven't seen in over ten years. I'm old school in that I think a teams success begins and ends at the O-line, I've seen teams win Superbowls with weaknesses at EVERY other position, but never at O-line.

Uhhh......what?

PhinPhan1227 said:

I totally agree, the game starts and ends in the trenches, and our OL is very key to the success of this team this year, if Culpepper has the time, we could be very special, and if our RB's can avg 4.5 ypc, about where we were last year, then man I'll love this O..but Gus threw a lot of balls away last year to avoid the sack, so I don't put as much stock in that reduced sack totals as a lot of ppl love to do.

PhinPhan1227 said:

I'm with all the way here bro... it ALL starts and stops in the trenches...the big eaters

PhinPhan1227 said:

I agree 100% with what you said, but why do you call hudson houck "Doc" is that his nick name or something?

finsfan_84 said:
Uhhh......what?

In the voice of Foghorn Leghorn, "Pay attention boy, I keep throwin 'em and your not catchin 'em." "Nice boy, but doesn't listen to a word u say." :tongue:

And to the poster, good read.

mini camp said:
I agree 100% with what you said, but why do you call hudson houck "Doc" is that his nick name or something?

As I said, my worldview seems to be colored by the fact that I only get to watch Disney/Pixar movies since the birth of my son. "Doc Hudson" is the character in the movie Cars that teaches the young racecar about how to take the next step to greatness. Just seemed like a natural nickname to me. See my signature.

Hopefully our history of recent O-line problems is exactly that history. I have faith in Houck to get this unit working as one...Culpepper will def need the protection:dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom