Does anyone know much about Penn State's QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone know much about Penn State's QB?

How good or bad is Michael Robinson?

All State selection from Varina High School. Strong arm, strong leader, good runner, very smart, this is his first full year to be the QB, has been used as RB WR and QB.....projected as a QB or SS coming out of HS. He's in the vick model, with character and no off field problems

MoFinz said:
All State selection from Varina High School. Strong arm, strong leader, good runner, very smart, this is his first full year to be the QB, has been used as RB WR and QB.....projected as a QB or SS coming out of HS. He's in the vick model, with character and no off field problems

Thanks for the detailed response

MoFinz said:

Pretty much balls on. Also I know him personally and he is a class guy. He is very humble and well spoken. Junior year he was my golf partner in gym class.

He's been very streaky in the past, I would put him in the Vick class also only Robinson has a MUCH stronger arm than Vick. I was actually having this debate today with my buddy during the PSU game about what happens to Robinson next.

When he started at PSU, he didnt really have a position. JoePa is loyal to seniors so he let Zach Mills play QB and Robinson at WR/RB/QB. This is his first full year at QB and he has progressed every single game. He still has a LOT more to go if he plans on playing on the pro level. He has great footwork, great size, great strength and great speed. However his mechanics as a QB are not established yet. He does an OK job checking down but he isnt the best at reading defenses. Thats just something that comes with experience.

If the guy played 4 years QB at Penn State, then that would help him a ton in trying to get drafted in the NFL. Right now, I dunno where he stands. He isnt on my top 10 QB list but if he goes undrafted, Im sure some team will sign him and take a chance on him.

Everything said is pretty much right on. Me is much more of a project at the qb position. But he does have all of the intangibles you look for in a quaterback. The main problem will be his accuracy, it really is the only part of his game that he hasn't been consistently improving on a game-by-game basis. Also his decision making isn't the greatest, he seems to pull down and run if his first or second option isn't there. But he is a great runner, much stronger than Vick.

PSUFinFan said:
Everything said is pretty much right on. Me is much more of a project at the qb position. But he does have all of the intangibles you look for in a quaterback. The main problem will be his accuracy, it really is the only part of his game that he hasn't been consistently improving on a game-by-game basis. Also his decision making isn't the greatest, he seems to pull down and run if his first or second option isn't there. But he is a great runner, much stronger than Vick.

Well said. Completely agree.

His accuracy was either hit or miss some of the games this year, I didnt know which Robinson was going to show up. The past few games he has been pretty good. He checks down and has great pocket awareness. If he progresses through his reads and nothing is there, he scrambles and picks up something.

Also the guy is a freaking tank, anyone have a video shot of when he was scrambling down the sideline and the LB/SS from Minnesota was coming to lay a hit on Robinson. Robinson lowered his shoulder and knocked the complete crap outta the LB/SS. Knocked him out of the game.

Personally, if I was a LB/SS in college and a QB knocked me out, I think I would flat out retire from complete embarrassment. :lol:

Philter25 said:

His accuracy was either hit or miss some of the games this year, I didnt know which Robinson was going to show up. The past few games he has been pretty good. He checks down and has great pocket awareness. If he progresses through his reads and nothing is there, he scrambles and picks up something.

Also the guy is a freaking tank, anyone have a video shot of when he was scrambling down the sideline and the LB/SS from Minnesota was coming to lay a hit on Robinson. Robinson lowered his shoulder and knocked the complete crap outta the LB/SS. Knocked him out of the game.

Personally, if I was a LB/SS in college and a QB knocked me out, I think I would flat out retire from complete embarrassment. :lol:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/s/l/slg274/mrobhit.wmv

Here is the video of him laying that hit... it really is impressive.

Philter25 said:

Well would you want Miami to draft his as a project qb cause from the sound of it he could be on the same style as Daunte Culpepper

weisdolphins said:
Well would you want Miami to draft his as a project qb cause from the sound of it he could be on the same style as Daunte Culpepper

I think we need more of a natural pocket passer than a Robinson type. I would take a chance on him as a UDFA. It cant hurt.

Its really tough to tell on guys who have only played a year at QB. You really dont know.

The best attributes he brings to the table are his athleticism, his leadership and willingness to do whatever it takes for the team. Any coach that preaches the team before me concept would be well suited to pick this guy up. No matter how you get him on the field, he is an assett and makes things happen.

Back
Top Bottom