Doesn't Ted Ginn bring a big smile to your face?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by JT99Dfense, Jun 30, 2007.

1. JT99Dfense

JT99Dfense Patiently waiting for fins to explode

When I see the highlight videos I think of how every play can go all the way with this kid. I am sitting here licking my chops. Can't wait for new season to start.

Anyone else think Ginn will be special?

2. D-Rock

D-Rock 31 yrs ago, I would have been a Panther. Donator

oooooooooook......

3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran bad spelur

I do... and I feel pretty much the same way. I can hardly wait to see how inventive Cam gets with getting him touches.

4. JT99Dfense

He reminds me so much of Steve Smith. Once he polishes his receiving skills, thats who I think he can compare to. In the mean time, he has to pull Hester type moves for us.

5. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

whats ooooooooook....?????

6. JT99Dfense

He probably interpreted what I said the wrong way, or maybe he is another teams fan.

7. cnc66

I think he was happy we were smiling.... :rolleyes:

8. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips Ready for Henne.

Strange, i was just watching a ted ginn highlight video before i came on finheaven.

Anyway, yeah Ted Ginns gonna be special. On the NFL network he was asked how he could contribute this season and he said "Well, with this defense i dont think i'm gonna get many chances at any Kick Returns, so i'll have to do it on the Punts."

9. JT99Dfense

I like that quote. Wasn't Chambers moves to the X position? What does this mean with respect to Ginn? I think he will be used in the slot and on reverses.

10. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

he does look special on reverses..., maybe run him out of the "I" formation..., line him up under center..., but can he get seperation off the line

11. hehtisham

hehtisham Rookie

It's a bit early for him to be making us smile.

12. Irish Phin Fan

Irish Phin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I don't see him being more than Randle El. Hope I'm wrong but that's what my gut is telling me.

13. SackMaster

SackMaster Hall-of-Famer

WOW, no I definitley, think, actually I know, that he's faster than Randel EL, more explosive than Randel El, and just an overall much more special player than Randle El is. Randle EL didnt return kicks the way Ginn did in college so ask your gut "what's wrong with you man?" :)

14. marinotoclayton

marinotoclayton Pro Bowler

No Ginn won't bring any smiles until he can prove he is worthy of that #1 pick. And personally for me I wouldn't mind him being a guy that can do more than just return kicks. Because we need a guy on offense to spread the field. In which that may help Chambers who has pretty much been disappointing whith the exception of half of one season. Doing something in college and playing in pros are two different games.

15. dolpns13

Haha, man thats awesome..I love the confidence all the rookies are bringing to the team...They are the future so I think they are entitled to think that

16. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 FinHeaven VIP

Of course Randle El didn't, he was a QB in college.

17. alan huber

alan huber Starter

I just dont belive that he is THAT FAST

18. D-Rock

D-Rock 31 yrs ago, I would have been a Panther. Donator

naw.... imma dolfan through and through.... the topic heading was just a little out there at first when i saw it.... 'Doesn't Ted Ginn put a smile on your face everytime you watch him'...lol, thats funny stuff... :lol:

p.s. the post your wrote was decent, but just the heading man, just laughing at the heading...

19. NathanHunt

NathanHunt Fluff Girls are underpaid.

Gadget plays are fun to watch when they work, but seldom do. Not too mention, most coaches have bad timing or no clue when to implement them.

Frankly, if Ginn can't line up in a traditional WR spot and simply beat his man... his useless to us.

Too many want to dream about fantastic plays and players special abilities. But, honestly, we need to worry about fielding a team that can simply beat the other team on the other 99% of plays ran in a game.

What Ginn needs to do to become special is develop true WR skills. The ability to separate, get off the line when jammed, run routes crisply and have great hands could start his ascention to something wonderful.

I just hope he doesn't turn into another Chambers in which every year is "the year" he finally lives up to his billing.

Make no mistake, the great WRs have more than what you see on highlights. Steve Smith, previously mentioned, is not great because of his speed. His is what makes the highlight. Steve Smith is great because he beats the double coverage on every play, gets off the line clean and makes the catch. After the catch, the speed kills. But, before the catch, that's where he makes his living.

You can't teach speed. But, some people can't learn how to play WR.

20. SackMaster

SackMaster Hall-of-Famer

Exactly so he's a converted receiver in the NFL.
    Ginn has BEEN doing it (returning punts and kicks) as a receiver for some time now

21. SackMaster

SackMaster Hall-of-Famer

hey Alan u can go to you tube and watch some real game proof/evidence w on how fast ginn is. just type in ted ginn and watch a highlight video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

22. SoDakDolfan

SoDakDolfan Land Locked Dolfan

It is great to have a guy with that kind of play making ability on our team. Here's hoping he picks up the nuances of the receiver position much quicker than everybody thinks. Even if it takes him a year or two to develop as a top notch receiver, but he makes a major impact on the return game immediately, I will be happy. I hope our fans don't forget that many (actually most) top receivers took a few years to develop.

23. SackMaster

SackMaster Hall-of-Famer

yeah man you make a really good point, I agree

24. rainmaker1313

rainmaker1313 A True Fan Donator

:bdh::biggrin::dancing::bandwagon:jumper:

25. phinfein

phinfein we need marino.

i think we will pull out the reverse to ginn alot.
    it was work with chambers and this guy is the fastest guy in the nfl hands down. if trent can stay healthy we will have a great off. to match our dominatind d. ne way ginn will turn heads this season

26. rainmaker1313

rainmaker1313 A True Fan Donator

now 3:00-3:15 on that video was amazing!

27. Fawn Lebowitz

Fawn Lebowitz Starter

I still can't believe the Fins drafted a punt returner with the 9th overall pick.:sidelol: The look on the fans faces when it was announced was priceless. Just about as funny as any Jets draft.

[admin]Do not troll on our forums.[/admin]

28. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 FinHeaven VIP

Ok, if you go by that, Ginn was a converted WR in college. He came to OSU as the Defensive Player of the year as a CB. He was a QB in high school. I think Ginn's still got quite a ways to go if he's going to be compared to Steve Smith.

29. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I just hope he fully recovers from his injured foot. Once this happen he should be fine. His highlight reels are great to watch, but he is now playing against the big boys. Time will tell.

30. SackMaster

SackMaster Hall-of-Famer

ur making some points but some are still helping my arguement that ginn at least was a wr in college rather than just doing it in the NFL. So, he has a bit more of a headstart compared to RANDLE EL who didnt play wr in college.

I never said anything about Steve Smith. I just said he's going to be more special than A RANDLE EL. But yeah it will take some proof before he can be compared to Steve in terms of receiver production and play at WR.

31. cnc66

thanks for sharing your overwhelming intellegence..

32. dolpns13

Ok. And I still can't believe some people are still wasting their time writing about it over 2 months post draft (that means after draft). Actually it makes most look dumber still writing about it than what they may have thought the pick was :sidelol:

33. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan A True Fan

Sorry anyone who believes such truly doesn't have a clue about football and only know what ESPN tells them.

34. dolpns13

Just some jealous Bills, Rats, or Jets fan scared because they know d*** well that NOT ONE player in the entire AFCE (possibly entire NFL) will be able to cover Ginn running a 4.28

35. Fawn Lebowitz

Fawn Lebowitz Starter

Jealous? Hardly, who could possibly be jealous of a Fins team that hasn't won squat in decades. Colts fan here and we drafted a wideout from Ohio State this year as well. And forty times dont mean jack if you don't have a qb who can get him the ball. Who's the lucky guy in Fin town this year? Green? Probably should have retired after that hit his head took on the turf last year. Fumblepepper is done. You guys drafted Beck, but he won't see the field till next season at best. So that leaves Miss Cleo. I saw his stellar play last year against my Colts and he leaves a lot to be desired. Just face the facts, the Fins should have drafted Quinn when he fell into their laps. They didn't and are still without a franchise qb. But at least you guys still have that perfect season champagne to sip each year.:sidelol:

36. Straztheman

Straztheman Banned Hammered

He'll bring a smile to my face once i see him return a kick for a Touchdown becuase its been a while since I've seen a Dolphins player do that. I think the last one was Welker vs. Ravens a couple of years ago.

37. SackMaster

SackMaster Hall-of-Famer

wow u seem like the ultimate bandwagon. u just happen to be a Colts fan (current champs) and your on a doplhins website...

38. Crypt Keeper

Crypt Keeper FinHeaven VIP

He seemed pretty much 100% at the last mini camp.

39. Finfang

Finfang Finheaven is king!!!

He brings much needed speed to our football team!

Thus the smiley! :)

Anyone dare to complain!l

40. ashraf-23

ashraf-23 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this season to start either. Everybody knows Ginn is a deadly return man but I can't wait to see him recieve because there are lots of people that think he can't catch the football and thats what I'm looking forward to seeing most in him and by the way here is a nice video of him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4mmbbPKL3uc