Doesn't Ted Ginn bring a big smile to your face? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doesn't Ted Ginn bring a big smile to your face?

WOW, no I definitley, think, actually I know, that he's faster than Randel EL, more explosive than Randel El, and just an overall much more special player than Randle El is. Randle EL didnt return kicks the way Ginn did in college so ask your gut "what's wrong with you man?" :)

Of course Randle El didn't, he was a QB in college.

He probably interpreted what I said the wrong way, or maybe he is another teams fan.

naw.... imma dolfan through and through.... the topic heading was just a little out there at first when i saw it.... 'Doesn't Ted Ginn put a smile on your face everytime you watch him'...lol, thats funny stuff... :lol:

p.s. the post your wrote was decent, but just the heading man, just laughing at the heading...

he does look special on reverses..., maybe run him out of the "I" formation..., line him up under center..., but can he get seperation off the line

Gadget plays are fun to watch when they work, but seldom do. Not too mention, most coaches have bad timing or no clue when to implement them.

Frankly, if Ginn can't line up in a traditional WR spot and simply beat his man... his useless to us.

Too many want to dream about fantastic plays and players special abilities. But, honestly, we need to worry about fielding a team that can simply beat the other team on the other 99% of plays ran in a game.

What Ginn needs to do to become special is develop true WR skills. The ability to separate, get off the line when jammed, run routes crisply and have great hands could start his ascention to something wonderful.

I just hope he doesn't turn into another Chambers in which every year is "the year" he finally lives up to his billing.

Make no mistake, the great WRs have more than what you see on highlights. Steve Smith, previously mentioned, is not great because of his speed. His is what makes the highlight. Steve Smith is great because he beats the double coverage on every play, gets off the line clean and makes the catch. After the catch, the speed kills. But, before the catch, that's where he makes his living.

You can't teach speed. But, some people can't learn how to play WR.

It is great to have a guy with that kind of play making ability on our team. Here's hoping he picks up the nuances of the receiver position much quicker than everybody thinks. Even if it takes him a year or two to develop as a top notch receiver, but he makes a major impact on the return game immediately, I will be happy. I hope our fans don't forget that many (actually most) top receivers took a few years to develop.

Gadget plays are fun to watch when they work, but seldom do. Not too mention, most coaches have bad timing or no clue when to implement them.

Frankly, if Ginn can't line up in a traditional WR spot and simply beat his man... his useless to us.

Too many want to dream about fantastic plays and players special abilities. But, honestly, we need to worry about fielding a team that can simply beat the other team on the other 99% of plays ran in a game.

What Ginn needs to do to become special is develop true WR skills. The ability to separate, get off the line when jammed, run routes crisply and have great hands could start his ascention to something wonderful.

I just hope he doesn't turn into another Chambers in which every year is "the year" he finally lives up to his billing.

Make no mistake, the great WRs have more than what you see on highlights. Steve Smith, previously mentioned, is not great because of his speed. His is what makes the highlight. Steve Smith is great because he beats the double coverage on every play, gets off the line clean and makes the catch. After the catch, the speed kills. But, before the catch, that's where he makes his living.

You can't teach speed. But, some people can't learn how to play WR.
yeah man you make a really good point, I agree

i think we will pull out the reverse to ginn alot.
it was work with chambers and this guy is the fastest guy in the nfl hands down. if trent can stay healthy we will have a great off. to match our dominatind d. ne way ginn will turn heads this season

I still can't believe the Fins drafted a punt returner with the 9th overall pick.:sidelol: The look on the fans faces when it was announced was priceless. Just about as funny as any Jets draft.

[admin]Do not troll on our forums.[/admin]

Exactly so he's a converted receiver in the NFL.
Ginn has BEEN doing it (returning punts and kicks) as a receiver for some time now

Ok, if you go by that, Ginn was a converted WR in college. He came to OSU as the Defensive Player of the year as a CB. He was a QB in high school. I think Ginn's still got quite a ways to go if he's going to be compared to Steve Smith.

I just hope he fully recovers from his injured foot. Once this happen he should be fine. His highlight reels are great to watch, but he is now playing against the big boys. Time will tell.

Ok, if you go by that, Ginn was a converted WR in college. He came to OSU as the Defensive Player of the year as a CB. He was a QB in high school. I think Ginn's still got quite a ways to go if he's going to be compared to Steve Smith.
ur making some points but some are still helping my arguement that ginn at least was a wr in college rather than just doing it in the NFL. So, he has a bit more of a headstart compared to RANDLE EL who didnt play wr in college.

I never said anything about Steve Smith. I just said he's going to be more special than A RANDLE EL. But yeah it will take some proof before he can be compared to Steve in terms of receiver production and play at WR.

Back
Top Bottom