Dolphin Depth Chart Updated | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Depth Chart Updated

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
VG read on the Dolphins, and the AFC East depth chart updates from today. PFF also comments on their grades not being etched in stone and not being perfect, with some ratings being very close and debatable by them as well as fans. I e-mailed some of the forum comments, with many others doing the same, and thy did address those.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/06/30/2014-depth-charts-update-afc-east/

Last edited by a moderator:
2014depthupdateMIA_zps480dda2f-1.png

interesting that they view shelby a starter caliber player...and that dion jordan and vernon are graded the same

dallas thomas they don't seem to be believers...can't say i'd blame em off his looks last year in camp and the preseason

jimmy wilson and delmas rated the same...they must like wilsons nickle corner work and he's the going into camp front runner for the job again

reshad jones rated above average...didnt play like it in 2013...but i'm a believer in a bounce back year there

They have Dallas as not enough info with only 2 snaps to watch.

They do have comments on OV, Jordan, and Wilson on the link.

- Comparing him with other left tackles in the league, we opted to drop Branden Albert from the “high quality” bracket. A very good pass blocker, his run blocking lets him down somewhat and keeps him from being a better player.

- We went back and forth on where to have Jimmy Wilson on the depth chart, with the belief that he is the top backup both at safety and in the slot. Based on what we have seen we think he’s a better player in the slot, but it remains to be seen if Miami will utilize him there in 2014

they're just basically protecting themselves in case a guy takes off or falls flat on his face with all those incomplete grades etc...they want to be credible best way to do that is wait for the confirmation i guess

sit on the fence...

Dallas Thomas is the starter and Turner will start over Shelley. But then again Brenner, or Garner would start over Shelly also. Shelly is a backup and not a very good one.

Interesting that if you add up the percentages for all starters ranked Average and above you get the following:

Miami - 71.4%
Jets: 57.2%
Bills - 89.2%
Patriots: 85.7%

Just goes to confirm that elite talent can overcome deficiencies on the rest of the roster and coaching really does make a difference. I know - earth shattering right?

they're just basically protecting themselves in case a guy takes off or falls flat on his face with all those incomplete grades etc...they want to be credible best way to do that is wait for the confirmation i guess

sit on the fence...

They don't deal with potential or rookies, just what they see from players in the NFL. Based on that, I have to agree with the not enough info.

Posters like yourself have a whole lot more info from watching guys in College, and can see a lot more in player's potential.

Dallas Thomas is the starter and Turner will start over Shelley. But then again Brenner, or Garner would start over Shelly also. Shelly is a backup and not a very good one.

Hoping you're wrong here KT. In spite of all the new faces, Shelly is the "Lone Ranger" in proving he can run block worth a damn. Others may surprise but if not, we could be looking at 2013 revisited.

They haven't changed their chart since June 3rd when this was last posted on the site.

Lol. I will concede that Tom Brady is not Tom of years past but until he shows me otherwise he is still "elite" in status but they have Gronk as "elite" even though he can't play for more than 4 games in a row.

This is the problem when basing assessments solely on stats.

Back
Top Bottom