Dolphin Trainers are doing a poor job | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Trainers are doing a poor job

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Just another opinion, but i have to say that our training staff is doing a poor job with our players, they should not be having this many hammy and lower ext muscle problems. It tells me that they are not doing enough plyometric exercises in the offseason, this type of work is to estabish good coordination and muscle sequencing, my work with a athletes that prepare this way has shown me that it greatly reduces injuries like this. In my opinion they are doing too much weight lifting and not enough neuromuscular conditioning/proprioceptive work, if any one else in this club in the field would like to comment on this please

I agree.

They are doing things a bit differently at my alma mater, Mississippi State. When Sylvester Croom hired Jim Nowell to be the strength coach, Nowell instituted an olympic style power lifting routine that is used at LSU and USC. One of the other things he has done is have the players taking martial arts classes for flexibility.

There has to be a good balance between weight lifting and flexibility training. It is possible to get so bulky that you lose all flexibility, and as a result, start having connective tissue injuries due to the strain.

i agree. Even my high school football team where the coach loves working out isnt like this. I have never seen anything like this. Correct me if im wrong, but i believe weve had 5 injuries so far....ON WRS!! god knows how many with every other position.

I'm a dumb@ss and even I can see something is wrong. :D

Our trainers need to be replaced with new blood, it is obvious they have not stayed up to date on new things. Just cant believe they work for the NFL, must be resting on their past history. This has to stop, every year this happens in camp, I understand that it is football, but the guys who do the right stuff always seem to stay healthy.

Is the head trainer still Kevin O'Neil?

Whatever happened to Ryan Vermillion? Seems like there were less injuries when Vermillion was the trainer.

Yep Oneill is the guy, he is getting too old man. Guy needs some CME credits

Back
Top Bottom