Dolphins 2012 Offensive Line Projected To Be Ranked 22nd | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 2012 Offensive Line Projected To Be Ranked 22nd

Elliott 1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
22nd?

Not sure I agree with that.

Returning LT, LG, and C. (2 who are Pro Bowl caliber players)

Winner at RG will be just as solid as Carey, and well....... I think my mother could play RT and perform better than Stinkumbo.

The idea of ranking an O-line is just stupid. A QB that can extend a play or a great runner make an O-line look good.

Welp, I guess we should just fold the franchise, end the season, and send everyone home early.

#NOHOPE

What a pile of crap! There is NO way this line will be ranked that low. Getting rid of Carey, Columbo and Sparano has to make it better. Long was hurt and out for the last few games, Pouncey received no off season preparation with his line mates. And Sparano was horrible. Our OL regressed during his tenure.

Interesting points...

Perhaps they start Moore at QB to take the punishment while the OL get on the same page... once so, they then put Tannehill in to reap the benefits.

Healthy Jake Long, getting rid of Colombo will do wonders for this line. There is a 0% chance this offensive line will be as bad, or worse than last year.

Poppy****!!!

This column is a lot of BS! I wouldn't worry about these rankings too much. The author has the Bills ranked #13 which may be where they might be ranked at the end of 2012, but he's basing part of that rank on last season!!! :crazy: Last season, the Bills' OL was horrid at the OTs. Gailey designed a spread offense and had Fitzpatrick using mostly 3 step drops to compensate for the poor OT play. Once teams figured out that the Bills couldn't run slow developing plays or go downfield a lot, the offense got throttled! The Bills could NOT run successfully out of a pro set formation, even on short yardage, because they couldn't open holes for the RBs. They had most of their success running the ball out of spread formations where the interior OLers were good at spreading out defenders.

There was a reason the Bills let Demetress Bell walk and why they spent 3 2012 draft picks on OLers, including 2 OTs.

I think our Oline will be better than that. Two good tackles, a good center, and huge holes at both guard positions. I hope Garner and Jerry step up and take those positions.

Bit early for them to be ranking with injuries and changes most likely to be done once all the camps start up. As stated earlier a QB can make or break a line if they have a quick release or if they hold on forever.

I don't think the giants looked like Superbowl winners on paper...

None of this pre-season rankings and stuff matter for **** and for us to be ranked 22 is fine, we had one of the worst o-lines in football last years so I dont blame em.

Back
Top Bottom