Dolphins 2012 Offensive Line Projected To Be Ranked 22nd | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 2012 Offensive Line Projected To Be Ranked 22nd

The idea of ranking an O-line is just stupid. A QB that can extend a play or a great runner make an O-line look good.

I disagree. While good QBs make average offensive lines look better, a bad offensive line can significantly limit the play of great QBs. ask Tom Brady how important an offensive line is to QB success. Our offensive line was not good last year. I expect that Martin will improve Moore's performance. Colombo was just awful.

At the very least, our sacks allowed stat will be better without Mark "The human turnstile" Colombo pretending to man the RT spot, and a healthy Jake Long.

Please remember that we have not showed yet that we are any better. The known differences is that we are starting a rookie at RT and a underachieving 3th round player at RG.

Also remember that until training camps all start, we are in a dead zone for reporting. Soon the silly lists will end once real football starts.

What were we last year? Were we really 32?

I don't know the ranking given by these guys last year, but we did give up over 50 sacks and a truckload of pressures and hurries. I think there were only two teams who gave up more sacks.

Why isn't anybody talking about the Mike Pouncey issue?? If he doesn't doesn't drastically improve his play at center this year, I think it is obvious he needs to play OG.

Ranked 30th in the league in pass blocking???????? Sorry everybody but............. that sucks!! He gave up 21 accumulated pressures compared to Buffalo's Eric Wood's 3.

Obviously Pouncey has talent, but it doesn't take an OL guru to see that center might not be his best position. His snapping isn't that great either.

I think the best thing that could happen to the Dolphin OL would be if they found a better center and let Pouncey move to one of the OG positions.

It's a work in progress, but could actually be a strength if some things work out. I fully expect Jonathan Martin to be a big upgrade over Marc Columbo at RT. Mike Pouncey looks like he could develop into a pro bowl center and Jake Long is one of the best in the business at LT. The guards are the question marks. Igcognito is a stopgap because he doesn't fit the system, which requires guards to pull. But he's not a bad player. I think John Jerry, if he drops some weight, has the movement skills and physicality to maybe be the answer at RG. This is a make or break year for him. Overall, I'd have to say this unit ends up being in the top half of the league and maybe top 10, especially when you factor in the coaching staff and David Garrard (I believe he wins the qb battle) who is more mobile than Matt Moore.

It's a work in progress, but could actually be a strength if some things work out. I fully expect Jonathan Martin to be a big upgrade over Marc Columbo at RT. Mike Pouncey looks like he could develop into a pro bowl center and Jake Long is one of the best in the business at LT. The guards are the question marks. Igcognito is a stopgap because he doesn't fit the system, which requires guards to pull. But he's not a bad player. I think John Jerry, if he drops some weight, has the movement skills and physicality to maybe be the answer at RG. This is a make or break year for him. Overall, I'd have to say this unit ends up being in the top half of the league and maybe top 10, especially when you factor in the coaching staff and David Garrard (I believe he wins the qb battle) who is more mobile than Matt Moore.

GARRARD is dick: strictly a has-been, and an "aging veteran", and w/a bad back. He's on the team to prevent MIAMI's having to go out and search thru the garbage if MOORE goes down. Personally, if MOORE DID go down, I'd rather take my chances w/TANNEHILL.

As to the O-LINE, the thing they need most is HEALTH. Second is a for-real Coach/coaching. The third has already happened: COLUMBO and CAREY are both gone. I see MURTHA as a VERY solid T, and I have to think that JERRY can handle a G position, since he did well filling in for JAKE at LT. Everyone keeps saying that he has "Tackle's feet", so we'll see. I consider INCOGNITO to be solid, but playing out of position. If you recall, his best positions prior to coming to MIAMI was at RG and C. He moved to LG to allow JERRY (a promising Rookie) to play RG: JERRY had always played on the Right side in college. But NOW, he has actually played, and done pretty well at, LT. So, maybe HE could be MIAMI's LG. I hope so: it would really help.

I'm NOT sold on MARTIN yet. The scouting reports said that he needs to increase his strength, and bulk up a bit. That worries me, because at THIS level, everybody was a BMOC in college. He's not in college anymore, but he's still a "college boy", at least physically. Maybe that's the reason why he fell to the 2nd Round, despite being effective at protecting LUCK.

Last edited by a moderator:
The idea of ranking an O-line is just stupid. A QB that can extend a play or a great runner make an O-line look good.

I was going to say the same thing when I saw this thread. Depending on how well your QB is playing (whoever it is) will make or break the o-line.

Rankings before the season starts is liking ranking a sexual experience before you even get in the bed.

You know, you Pouncey people seem to be feeding on each others hype.

How does a center who ranked 30th in the league in pass blocking last year look like he is going to be in a pro bowl anytime soon????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, his twin brother is good, but that has nothing to do with him. The sports world is full of identical twins who don't achieve the same levels as their lives go on.

You guys have nothing but optimism itself to base your claims on.

As of this time; Pouncey is looking more like bust than a pro bowler. Get real!!

Pff is cool to look at but they ranked us top five one year and we finished 7 and 9. So what does that tell you? Pouncey is a very good player as well

Too early for this type of ranking.

Back
Top Bottom