Dolphins 27th in Too Early Rankings

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolph N.Fan, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

2. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

How fun. 6th worst team in the league.

3. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Stuck in the never ending cycle of 6-8 wins.

4. Martel13

Martel13 Since '84 Super Donator

Sounds about right smh

JRYCRL likes this.
  5. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

I’ll still buy in come free agency and the draft. Philly finally won. One day Miami might also.

6. multistage

multistage Well-Known Member

I don’t buy it.

Gase gutted the staff. That means we have talent, but not performance.

And I expect the bloodletting will continue with players. Go be a talented ****off elsewhere.

I see a turnaround. Just a hunch.

7. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

It's a good thing this isn't college football and ranking don't mean squat. Every year new teams emerge, this year it was the Jaguars, Bills, Titans and some others. Who knows what next year brings.

joenhre likes this.
  8. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs UCF 13-0, Peach Bowl Champions Finheaven VIP Donator

We're definitely going to need more than a bottom-half offense and bottom-half defense to do anything worth a damn.

9. joenhre

joenhre Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

The fact that the clowns that made those rankings don't have the team that just won the Super Bowl at #1 tells me all I need to know. Actually seeing the website address tells me that I shouldn't even bother clicking since IMO they haven't been relevant in over 20 years. Maybe they should remove some more so called "talent" from their payroll.

NorthernFin likes this.
  10. CedarPhin

CedarPhin King of the Winter Carnival Finheaven VIP

We'll be ok. Tannehill's back, assistant hires look good. Let's see what we do in the draft and FA next.

11. CedarPhin

CedarPhin King of the Winter Carnival Finheaven VIP

Those rankings are terrible.

12. BlueUndertow

BlueUndertow Well-Known Member

ESPN spends most of its time trying to manufacture the story instead of reporting on it. That's why people call it BSPN.

rickd13 and NorthernFin like this.
  13. Tannchise

Tannchise A True Fan

I’ll still buy in come free agency and the draft. Philly finally won. One day Miami might also.

Going to be the key. We will see in a month where this team is headed. Will they purge salary and rebuild? Or will they purge and buy?

14. Aqua Man

Aqua Man Scout Team

Man ESPN is such lazy crap. They that since going 11-5 in 2008, the Phins have been between “6-8 wins every year since”. I guess 2016-17’s 10-6 record doesn’t count?

I get it, that’s still not much better but if your job is to report on the NFL, please do it accurately. The good news is that usually every year when they bury the Fins in preseason power rankings, they end up overachieving. I think this team is some good health and a few key acquisitions away from being over .500 next year.

15. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin It's 5 o'clock somewhere Moderator Finheaven VIP

Anytime you have a power panel that includes James Walker, you really shouldn't use the word power.

rickd13 likes this.
  16. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Not a very flattering write up about the Dolphins or our QB, but i think with another good draft we could see some improvement on the horizon.

17. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

At least let us overspend on average talent in free agency and draft poorly before passing judgement. Geez.

Soca casual and emoticon like this.
  18. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

We need to have a 1st good draft before we have another one. I'm still waiting for the 1st good draft but don't see it happening with Tannenbaum in charge.

19. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Last year was a good draft IMO.

multistage likes this.
  20. datruth55

It's good that you have hope.

21. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

...and so do you.

22. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't even look at these things during the season.........

23. datruth55

I do not. Not as long as Tannenbaum is in charge. I used to get into the draft, scout 200+ players and look forward to inevitable disappointment of who we will draft. I don't even bother anymore. I still scout a few players but it may be more like 40 or 50 but I have no hope in what this team will do in the draft. I know that if we had taken David Njoku over Charles Harris we'd be in much better shape cause there isn't a TE in this class at Njoku's level. I know that Tannenbaum is an idiot who trades away several picks to move up and grab a WR that doesn't even see the field. I know that we used to be in good shape in the cap before Tannenbaum got here. And I also know that Gase wanted a few players that Tannenbaum refused to draft. So no, I do not have hope.

24. crumpdaddy

crumpdaddy Scout Team Finheaven VIP

2017 draft is still a work in progress even tho we got a couple starters out of it..and a couple more future starters hopefully,
    other than the stupid trade for caroo 2016 was a good draft Tunsil, X, Drake with grant showing flashes. if not for the stupidity of caroo I think itd be heckuva draft if tonsil turns back into his 2016 self.
    I really haven't been two down with the last two drafts other than maybe a pick changed here or there. Phillips actually lived up to his draft spot last year, so there is a slight chance of a miracle that the 2015 can be salavaged, but its fading fast with every parker injury

25. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

27th is fair...QB coming off an injury and hasn't played a game in a year and a half...Holes at LB, OL, and DE. IT will be interesting to see how this season plays out. I see more success than last year, I think if Tannehill plays the whole season a playoff birth isn't out of the question. We need a good draft, one that has players that contribute day one on a full-time basis. That will go a long way.

Dolph N.Fan likes this.
  26. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

I would have been happy with Njoku as well, I was screaming for us to pick up a TE last year during the draft as it was loaded, but I settled for the fact that this coaching staff and FO knew what they were doing, and that was hard. Hope is all we have man, don't give up and keep the faith. At this time that's all we have right now, we cannot allow ourselves to have absolutely no hope in the process....give it a chance, give Gase a chance....he'll hopefully turn it around. It has been tough being a Dolphins fan, I have been a fan since 88 and have gotten gray by some of the **** we have done over and over again. I believe that for the first time in a long time we have a coach that can bring us out of the depths of mediocrity, someone who has the guts to make unpopular decisions for the betterment of the team. Keep the faith brother........let's hope it gets better.

Ben Had likes this.
  27. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Like, erhmmm, Derwin James.

28. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

It would be nice, but not sure the Phins will make that move...

29. datruth55

We have the coach but we lack the players and sadly I don't believe in this front office, not for one second. It's made up of mostly the same front office personnel that have been here for over a decade...the same decade that has drafted or signed some of the worst players that have even donned a Dolphins uniform. Jonathan Martin, Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner, Phillip Wheeler, Darnell Ellerbe, Dion Jordan, Jamar Taylor, etc., etc. and the list goes on and on.

If I were as bad at my job as these guys are at theirs I'd have been fired after 6 months tops yet these guys are still here...Chris Greer was here for 12 years, I think, before they promoted him to GM. How does it make sense to promote from a failed personnel department? How do you bring in someone like Tannenbaum who completely destroyed the Jets (which I enjoyed greatly)?

Gase will probably get two more years, go somewhere else and be very successful. He's a good coach.

30. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Yea that makes sense, was in the playoffs picture two thirds of the season, after dealing with a hurricane, given a schedule that had them traveling more in their 1st five games, then most teams traveled the whole season, were missing the starting QB (replaced by a far worse QB), lost a young LB that was being counted on being a vital part of the defense, had another LB that because he was home sick, was a disruption, had a RB that because he was not being given the ball enough was another disruption, had no real TE in an offense that likes using the TE position.

Now Miami will hopefully have their starting QB, back, the disruptive RB is gone (replaced by a more complete RB), the disruptive LB will hopefully be gone soon replaced by the young LB the like so much, and a draft pick hopefully, Miami will probably bring in a more effective TE, the line will hopefully have better Guards this time around, but according to ESPN, with better talent, in better position will be worse this year...Yea, that is why taking them serious these days, is a very bad idea.

31. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin A True Fan

Oh well. Gonna enjoy the spring and summer months. It is way too early to give a **** about next season

32. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

Goes right along with our 26th, 24th and 25th ranking in offensive yards the past 3 seasons. Until this get fixed expect to stay near the bottom

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  33. Blake the great

Blake the great A True Fan

After this past season, why would they have us ranked in the top? Although we should really be ranked some where in the middle which is where we usually finish.

34. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

Bizarre, we haven't been in the top 10 in that category for 23 years. Marino knew how to move the ball.

35. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan

Right now it's pretty challenging for a longtime fan to see this franchise on the "ascent." We've become PROVEN underperformers and consistently dysfunctional ever since "The Clown" bought the team. Purely coincidence? I don't think so...

36. guerteltier

guerteltier Member

Okay, I get the point Philly is not ranked #1, because after their SB win they have much things to do in the offseason. They have struggles with the salary cap and have to make serious decisions who of their free agents they are able to keep. Bradham, Burton, Graham, Blount - they all are able to wantt a big deal. Robinson, Sturgis and Ellerbee will do so, too. But the Patriots #1? They struggle with their starting and leagues best TE, they lost their DC, they will for sure lose Malcolm Butler in FA, they have struggles with their OC - they cannot be strongest team in the league by now...

37. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

We had a terrible offense and a terrible defense, and finished 6-10. This ranking is OK with me. But it's so early and teams always turn it around in a year.

38. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

We can add to that. The rookie CBs shouldn't blow as many assignments, a better secondary coach, a number of young guys showed promise, Bushrod and JT will be gone, and Gase lost his obsession with bubbles. To be close to the playoffs with THAT roster has to give some hope for '18

tay0365 likes this.
  39. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

Ross bought half stake in 2008 and majority ownership in 2009...We have been underperforming for way longer than that. You could say since the late 80's, mid 90's, early 2000's. Pick one you can't go wrong.