Dolphins 7 on 7 Passing Recap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 7 on 7 Passing Recap

DrewStogs.

One Luck away from a Super Bowl!!!
Reaction score
Per Sun Sentinel

-The drill began with Chad Henne passing deep down the left side to Brian Hartline, who made a spectacular catch in traffic. This was the best play of the drill for Henne.
-Next, Henne missed Bess wide left. Henne was frustrated.
-Henne then fired an incomplete pass Bess. Play was broken up by Yeremiah Bell.
-Henne then threw a short pass to Daniel Thomas in the left flat. -Next up was Tom Brandstater’s turn.
-First pass was high to Marlon Moore who was well covered.
-Second pass was intercepted by Jimmy Wilson. Was intended for Edmond Gates.
-Third pass was complete to Roberto Wallace. Intermediate pass over the middle.
-Next it was Pat Devlin time.
-First pass went to Julius Pruitt, who made the catch after the ball somehow squeezed through coverage. Went to the right side, probably about 10-12 yards.
-Second pass was intended for Dedrick Epps, who dropped it. Wasn’t a very good throw.
-Then it was back to Henne.
-First pass was intended for Hartline, cutting across the middle on an intermediate route. The throw was in traffic and it led Hartline into coverage. He would have suffered a big hit had there been full contact
-Second pass was complete to Lousaka Polite under the middle.
-Third pass went deep down the right sideline to Bess. He made it dive for it, got his hands on it, but couldn’t come up with it. Wasn’t a bad throw, just slightly too far.
-Fourth pass went to the right side and Nolan Carroll jumped the route and nearly intercepted it.
-Then it was back to Devlin
-He completed his first pass to Mickey Shuler – short route over the middle.
-Second pass went to Marlon Moore on the right side – was a good catch.
-Third pass was incomplete down the left side, but the officials called pass interference.
-Then Brandstater in
-First pass to Brooks Foster – medium route, pass goes to the left side.
-Second pass was overthrown down the right side. Intended for Phillip Livas. Didn’t have a chance.

TEAM PASSING DRILL
-Starts with Henne in …
-First play: Henne pass to Davone Bess for a gain of about 15. Bess cutting across the middle and was open. Nice play.
-Second play, false start, or something wrong with the exchange. Redo.
-Third play, Soliai jumps offside through the middle.
-Fourth play, Henne to Brandon Marshall, complete pass on the left side, short pass
-Fifth play, Karlos Dansby comes streaking in from the left side and would have destroyed Henne had there been contact. Counts as a “sack.”
-Next set: Brandstater in …
-First play, the pass was broken up by Tim Dobbins.
-Second play, Brandstate tried to squeeze a pass into Gates, throw was overthrown out of bounds. Would have been a tough play to make, with coverage coming in over the top.
-Third play, pass was complete to Brett Brackett down the middle, gets between the coverage and makes the catch while falling down.
-Next set: Devlin in …
-First play, the pass goes off Daniel Thomas’ fingertips on the right side. Thomas did push-ups.
-Second play, Devlin completed a pass to Brooks Foster on a short route on the right side.
-Third play, Devlin throws again complete to Foster but it not a great pass, was off-center to the right, short route over left-middle.
-Next set: Henne back in …
-First play, he squeezes one into Fasano down the middle, nice pass and catch.
-Second play, complete pass to Dedrick Epps, who would have been blown up by Nate Ness.
-Next set: Brandstater back in …
-First play, complete pass to No. Brackett.
After a brief break with other drills, the team passing drill began again from the offense’s own 30:
-We start with Henne in at QB
-First play: under pressure, he tries to dump it off over the middle short to Thomas, incomplete.
-Second play, the pass was broken up by Koa Misi over the middle. Wasn’t a good throw.
-Third play, complete pass to Marshall on an out route to the left sideline.
-Next set, Devlin in …
-First play, he overthrew Epps, throw was off to the right on the sideline.
-Second play the pass went to Marlon Moore over the middle. Incomplete but should have been caught.
-Third play, pass goes to Daniel Thomas, who was promptly dropped by Ness.
-Next set, Brandstater in
-First play, pass goes to Brooks Foster, who made a nice jumping catch over the middle.
-Next passing play, after a handoff, Quinton Spears “sacks” Brandstater. Rush comes up the middle.
-Next set, Henne in …
-First play was a pass to Marshall over the middle. Was off and off target. Marshall tries to tip it to himself but can’t – pass nearly intercepted.
-Second play, the pass goes to Hartline, one of Henne’s better passes of the day, but Hartline drops it.
And that’s all she wrote.

Here are my thoughts on the QB's?

Henne - It was good to see that he was making some real good throws but was also bad to see all the bad throws he made. Does he seem to be coming along at all?

Brandstater - Why is he on the roster?

Devlin - I like his accuracy and seems to make smart decisions. I really want to see what he does in Pre Season.

Thanks for posting. Is it me or does Henne not sound like he's made any progress since being drafted?

I can't believe this is really our QB stable (plus Moore I guess). I wonder if some of the Phins players can't believe it either...

Here are my thoughts on the QB's?

Henne - It was good to see that he was making some real good throws but was also bad to see all the bad throws he made. Does he seem to be coming along at all?

Brandstater - Why is he on the roster?

Devlin - I like his accuracy and seems to make smart decisions. I really want to see what he does in Pre Season.

he will be cut/ps material when moore comes in august 2 or 4 i forgot.

Why do I find myself more and more skimming over these reports until the name "Devlin" surfaces?

so far i haven't heard a peep from edmond gates...can this guy get off press coverage at this level??? we'll see

so far i haven't heard a peep from edmond gates...can this guy get off press coverage at this level??? we'll see

I'm not even worried about Ed Gates.. All you used to hear is how "good" Patrick Turner, Derek Hagan, and Ginnger looked in shells... it means nothing.

Right now they're just trying to install protections and get a little timing down on offense, and get everyone some reps. You'll find out about Gates in the preseason..

Why do I find myself more and more skimming over these reports until the name "Devlin" surfaces?

Because you're hoping that an UDFA will somehow claim the starting job and save our season?

for no particular reason at all. . . I got a good feeling about this Devlin kid . .

I'm not even worried about Ed Gates.. All you used to hear is how "good" Patrick Turner, Derek Hagan, and Ginnger looked in shells... it means nothing.

Right now they're just trying to install protections and get a little timing down on offense, and get everyone some reps. You'll find out about Gates in the preseason..

they're in full pads...i would think there's some competing going on some one on one db wr drills etc to get the juices flowing like you see at the senior bowl week by now

i know i've read a few instances of jimmy wilson picking off balls intended for gates...

they're in full pads...i would think there's some competing going on some one on one db wr drills etc to get the juices flowing like you see at the senior bowl week by now

i know i've read a few instances of jimmy wilson picking off balls intended for gates...

Have you seen the quarterbacks that are throwing the footballs?

They're in shells hoops... shorts and a helmet.

Back
Top Bottom