Dolphins 8th in AFC: PFF Projections | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 8th in AFC: PFF Projections

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
8. Miami Dolphins (8-8)
The Dolphins managed the rare accomplishment of double-digit wins last year despite having a negative point differential and just the 28th-best PFF overall grade. Their biggest move in the offseason was the addition of William Hayes, who leads all edge defenders in run-stop percentage since 2014 at 10.81. There were a number of positions that underperformed in 2016, and in some cases they let those players go in the offseason, but didn’t bring in clear upgrades for them. This team should remain average in 2016 and fighting for a wild card spot.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-patriots-once-again-sit-atop-early-afc-2017-projections/

2 dumb things I've noticed in just 1 minute.

This team should remain average in 2016 and fighting for a wild card spot.

Get your facts right Pimple Boy.

They also don't mention the Redskins name at all. They're simply called Washington twice.

LMAO at the Titans, Buffalo, and Chargers being ahead of us. What a complete joke! We beat Buffalo twice last year and have improved more than they have in the off season. We beat the hell out of the Chargers at their home last year, despite what the score says....a couple of miscues by Grant are the only reason they were in the game. Then the Titans, we had Thomas at Guard and Billy freaking Turner at left tackle in that game. To be honest, I love this lack of respect....we seem to thrive on it!

Like they say: opinions are like buttholes: everyone's got one and some are bound to smell more than others

LMAO at the Titans, Buffalo, and Chargers being ahead of us. What a complete joke! We beat Buffalo twice last year and have improved more than they have in the off season. We beat the hell out of the Chargers at their home last year, despite what the score says....a couple of miscues by Grant are the only reason they were in the game. Then the Titans, we had Thomas at Guard and Billy freaking Turner at left tackle in that game. To be honest, I love this lack of respect....we seem to thrive on it!

Exactly!!!

I'll never understand the chargers hype.

Rivers is overrated as it gets.

Gordon had such a great year averaging 3.9 ypc lol

The Titans game was lost before it started lol

I can see the Titans partly because they play in a division that is more wide open than the AFC East. But, there's no way Buffalo should be ahead of Miami. The Bills do have talent and could do better with a new coach, but the Dolphins beat them twice last season and, in my eyes, had a better offseason.

I think Miami belongs in the 5-8 range. That's a little lower than I'd have them, but not out of the question. Lots of good teams in the AFC.

I'd probably go like this:

1. New England
2. Oakland
3. Pittsburgh
4. Houston
5. Miami
6. Kansas City
7. Tennessee
8. Baltimore
9. Denver
10. Cincinnati

I could see Baltimore and Cincinnati doing better than that. I'm not 100 percent sold on Pittburgh, but their offense is among the best if Big Ben stays healthy.

LMAO at the Titans, Then the Titans, we had Thomas at Guard and Billy freaking Turner at left tackle in that game. To be honest, I love this lack of respect....we seem to thrive on it!

It was more than our two offensive lineman that lost the Titan game
Time of Possession...Titans- 36.44...Miami- 23.16
1st downs...Titans- 23...Miami- 8
Total plays...Titans- 70...Miami- 41
Net rushing yards...235 to 51

We were pretty much dominated

LMAO @ the Chargers and Bills ahead of us. That guy's final journalism class...
da3fd2def88f8411b047be649d2f1be78701de68c1f1df7a230894233e046cb8.jpg

They have the Titans abd Chargers at 9-7 as the wildcards, Dolphins and Bills at 8-8 and Ravens, Colts and Bengals at 7-9. A few injuries or a few lucky bounces can go a long way to sway the order of any of these seven teams. Not to mention they have the Broncos and Texans below the wild card contenders. I wouldn't write anything down in stone with this group. I like MIami's chances as much as anyones, but you never know how these things are going to work out, so there's no use of worrying about it in June. think the "this is the year we're supieror than eveyone else" attitude is is what fuels the constant stream of disappointment amongst fans. I'll choose to just let the season playout without any lofty expectations.

Last edited:
I think we should rank behind New England at #2, and the next 8 teams flip a coin.

Back
Top Bottom