Dolphins add receivers, eager to see young defensive tackles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins add receivers, eager to see young defensive tackles

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
A six-pack of Dolphins notes a day after the draft:

• By drafting Isaiah Ford in the seventh round and adding four undrafted rookie free agent receivers, the Dolphins’ message is clear: Leonte Carroo, Jakeem Grant and Rashawn Scott won’t be gifted roster spots.

Now let’s make this clear: Carroo and Grant remain clear favorites to make the team. None of the five receivers added is nearly as skilled a kick returner as Grant.

But Ford has a legitimate shot to stick. And UM’s Malcolm Lewis, Arkansas’ Drew Morgan, Mississippi’s Damore’ea Stringfellow and Stanford’s freakishly athletic Francis Owusu will have a chance to impress.

https://miamiherald.relaymedia.com/amp/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article147758519.html

I want to see two players come to camp in excellent shape and bust their butt.

Phillips and Carroo. Grant 50/50 if he even makes the final roster IMO

My bold prediction of the offseason is Leonte Carroo giving us 2014 Jarvis Landry camp vibes this July/August.

The guy that needs to come in to camp 100% is Devante Parker.

Agree on Grant completely. He is either a definite returner or he ain't on the team. He's gotta be much more solid this offseason.

The fact that Kiper doesn't like it makes me feel even better.

How the hell can you have an undrafted grade on Asiata??

You know...if you remember...Grant made some great plays in preseason on short passes getting him in space...never understood why we never saw that in the season?

The fact that Kiper doesn't like it makes me feel even better.

How the hell can you have an undrafted grade on Asiata??

Pretty damn ridiculous to be honest with you. Then again Kiper is just a talking head for a network less and less people are watching so it is what it is.

My bold prediction of the offseason is Leonte Carroo giving us 2014 Jarvis Landry camp vibes this July/August.

The guy that needs to come in to camp 100% is Devante Parker.

Agree on Grant completely. He is either a definite returner or he ain't on the team. He's gotta be much more solid this offseason.

What percrntage did Parker come into camp last offseason?

If he comes to csmp at 90%, 80%...what then happens?

You know...if you remember...Grant made some great plays in preseason on short passes getting him in space...never understood why we never saw that in the season?

I think Grant lost some confidence with the drops and he just became hard to trust in game. Would like to see him come in confident and with a chip on his shoulder.

What percrntage did Parker come into camp last offseason?

If he comes to csmp at 90%, 80%...what then happens?

Parker is always dinged up with something. He's gotta come into camp with a refound commitment to training.

Gase has no ties to him . . . and even if he is clearly the most talented WR on the team, there are a lot of hungry, hard working options that will be fighting for jobs. Gase won't hesitate to sit him on the bench if he ain't up to task.

I do think he is set for a big season, but that starts in July.

I'm rooting for this owusu guy as a 6th wr, keep ford on the ps. Or flop the two for spots... would a "freak" athlete like owusu get snatched from the ps??

I believe Carroo will come to camp ready to ball. The problem will be getting him snaps. It's not his fault, but we do have 3 very good ones in front of him and with Thomas and Ajayi in there how does anyone else get snaps on sundays? Then keep on mind he was not a ST's player and hence he wasn't even active several weeks. I'd love to see Grant make the plays that we all know he can make but it got hard to trust him, specially when almost every win was very close. One dropped and you lose the game so......he's going to have a hard time making the 53 with Carroo, Scott and the rookie in there

Ozzy rules!!

Parker is always dinged up with something. He's gotta come into camp with a refound commitment to training.

Gase has no ties to him . . . and even if he is clearly the most talented WR on the team, there are a lot of hungry, hard working options that will be fighting for jobs. Gase won't hesitate to sit him on the bench if he ain't up to task.

I do think he is set for a big season, but that starts in July.

Yeah the positive on Parker is that Gase said in his combine interview that he started to step up towards the end of the year last year, after calling him out for his work ethic in the first half of the season. So if it's going to happen, this should be the year....especially being 100% healthy. Lots of existing players this season set to have better years be it health, experience, or 2nd year in system...all "in theory" of course.

I'm not sure but I think Owusu can return kicksoffs and punts. I know his brother did and for some reason I recall he can too. I know he can do kickoffs, it's the punt returns I'm not sure about.

I think Landry, Parker, Stills, Carroo and Ford would have to really struggle to not make the 53. I like Grant as a kickoff returner/slot receiver, but not as a punt returner. With the other five receivers ahead of him I can't see Garnt getting many targets on offense and with Drake his role as a kickoff returner isn't as valued either. His best shot at making the team is returning punts and that's what he struggles the most with. I would like to find a slot corner/punt returner and just carry the five main receivers. I think Grant would have to a very good training camp in order to make the final roster.

As for Parker I still believe all he needs is 8 or 9 targets per game and he could be the team's most productive wide receiver. For Parker it might take an injury to Landry or Stills and the need for the team really feed him the ball over a 2 or 3 game stretch in order for him to really take off.

I know people are still mad at the Carroo trade/pick during last years draft, but please do not sleep on him.

This kid can catch, rarely if ever drops the ball, is strong as an ox, and plays angry/mean like Jarvis and Rishard.

He just can't get the rock with Juice/Parker/Stills in front of him. Now if one of the big 3 WR's goes down, you will be pleased with this pick.

Long term though, I see him playing out his 4 years here doing squat, and then blowing up on his second contract with another team.

Juice/Julius/Stills/DVP/Damian out the backfield/Gray/Grant on screen-plays (please Gase!)....there really isn't enough balls to throw around.

well I am going to give Grant a pass on the fumbles last year, it was his first time doing it, he has been working hard this off season on punt returns, so I expect a more confident guy this year, also need to get him involved in the offense some

All these receivers are here for Parker.

Put up or get the Hell out.

We drafted you to be our #1, anything less means you are replaceable.

...and he'll be traded out for someone else's mistake.

Back
Top Bottom