Dolphins addressing OL, improving WRs. How everything else gets fixed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins addressing OL, improving WRs. How everything else gets fixed

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
No, the Miami Dolphins are not going to win the NFL’s offseason championship this year.

They have zero intention -- or the salary cap wherewithal, really -- to follow the trail blazed by the Jacksonville Jaguars last season. You remember that approach to building a winner, right?

The Jaguars, 3-13 in 2016, signed Calais Campbell and A.J. Bouye to huge free agent contracts. They also paid defensive back Barry Church. They went all in (and missed) with the trade for Branden Albert and the signing of guard Earl Watford, neither of whom played a down for the team.

But they were very, very aggressive.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/s...ticle205252884.html?__twitter_impression=true

I think Coughlin was the driving force here and I wanted him in Miami when the Giants kicked him to the curb. I think his football IQ would benefit any team and the Jags will reap the fruits of his labor as they already have seen so much improvement. We have Tannenbaum.

I want to have the jags’ smash mouth attitude they had this past season

You know your team is slacking when even a team like the Jags get on top before you. They havent been watchable since Fred Taylor days....

A decade of slack....

This team seems to be coming together for sure, I like what I am seeing although we lost some fan favorite players. Gase seems to have a plan to build this Oline once and for all...our Achilles heel. I still believe we should have built from the trenches out, but at this time who cares how they do it, if we get it done right once and for all, we fans will be happy.

regardless if you want to know who to win Superbowls you ignore the patriots way. you can't build a team like that without a Brady. However there are plenty of recent Superbowl winning teams and perennial playoff teams to copy. Basically draft better. sign players to modest contracts stay out of cap hell, ignore the big FA name, and coach up the talent you have, and finally, take talent that fits your system, if it doesn't fit, adjust the system. Oh, and as Miami is trying to do, install a real culture of intelligent team first guys.

regardless if you want to know who to win Superbowls you ignore the patriots way. you can't build a team like that without a Brady. However there are plenty of recent Superbowl winning teams and perennial playoff teams to copy. Basically draft better. sign players to modest contracts stay out of cap hell, ignore the big FA name, and coach up the talent you have, and finally, take talent that fits your system, if it doesn't fit, adjust the system. Oh, and as Miami is trying to do, install a real culture of intelligent team first guys.

Also get a better training and medical staff. Tanny gets the surgery in 2016 and who knows what could have been last year. I know I would feel much better about him if he had already made his comeback.

Towards the article, how have we addressed the OL? Brought back a guy they weren’t even sure they wanted? Kept an overpaid C with chronic hips who can’t practice? Are we including 32 year old Sitton when he hasn’t even signed yet? I’m all in favor of getting him but what else have we done?

Back
Top Bottom