Dolphins after Ray Maualuga? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins after Ray Maualuga?

Do you have an article or tweet that says this or are you just asking? Title implies the fins might be looking at him
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ts-does-rey-maualuga-fit-with-miami-dolphins/

2017 NFL free agents: Does Rey Maualuga fit with Miami Dolphins?

maualuga.jpg

Maualuga has been a middle linebacker, which would be an interesting fit with fellow inside linebackers Timmons and Alonso. The Dolphins have said they’re considering moving Alonso outside, and he’s comfortable with the change if that’s what they want.

Click on the link for the rest of the article bro.

Maualuga, 30, makes sense for Miami if he’s willing to come in on an affordable one- or two-year deal. He was set to make about $3.7 million this season.

The Dolphins also theoretically remain interested in free agent linebacker Zach Brown, who visited the team this week.

I would consider it but he has serious athletic limitations. Still I don't think it's gonna be long with mike hull before they make a move. 2 down or not mike lb is a big deal it's a bigger deal obviously when the mike plays the nickel. In base though it's the most critical of the 3

Maualuga, 30, makes sense for Miami if he’s willing to come in on an affordable one- or two-year deal. He was set to make about $3.7 million this season.

The Dolphins also theoretically remain interested in free agent linebacker Zach Brown, who visited the team this week.

Saw Zach Brown and I was like what? Figured out it was an Older article

I thought Brown signed with the Redskins months ago?

Ok Albert I got fooled too.

Better find some guys who at least played as previous starters somewhere instead of having a complete LB group full of undersized special teamers. Don't want to spend another season watching our linebackers get the crap kicked out of them in the running game.

I saw my first Manta Ray skindiving today...So, Synchronistically speaking, we're in the black...Which is exactly how I'll refer to him if he signs with us...Black Manta

I thought Brown signed with the Redskins months ago?

Ok Albert I got fooled too.
This article is from March.
Yes bro my apologies, however there is talk of Ray again on Rotoworld.

Rey Maualuga - LB - Free Agent
The Palm Beach Post considers free agent MLB Rey Maualuga a potential fit for the Dolphins.

The Dolphins have a need at middle linebacker after losing Raekwon McMillan to knee surgery. Entering his age-30 season, Maualuga faded into a part-time role with the Bengals last year but could give Miami an upgrade over special teamer Mike Hull as McMillan's replacement. Maualuga should only require a non-guaranteed deal.
Related: Dolphins

Source: Joe Schad on Twitter
Aug 12 - 3:36 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/?ls=roto:nfl:morenewsbottom

Last edited:
Good move? Or should we wait for cuts?

I believe it depends on the price, though Maualuga did not turn out to be the player many expected him to become, he can be more then just a band-aide, but again, depends on the price, Miami can not overpay for anyone right now.

Back
Top Bottom