Dolphins aim for first roster of fully registered voters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins aim for first roster of fully registered voters

Phinz1972

Make me a sammich
Reaction score
For the Dolphins, 2017 is about building on last season's wild-card berth. But for the organization, it's also been about connecting with the surrounding communities in ways no other franchise has ever done.

Miami's pro football team stepped outside of the conventional charity box (think building neighborhood playgrounds and houses) by reaching out to and inviting youth teams from the city's roughest sections, including inviting a squad co-founded by rapper and activist Luther Campbell, to watch Dolphins practices in person and interact with the team's players. From there, the Dolphins have moved into the civic realm, looking to lead by example via a voter registration drive with some help from special guest Martin Luther King III.

Full article here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...m-for-first-roster-of-fully-registered-voters

For all the crap Ross took in first few years of owning the team, you have to admit he is furthering the bar for owners on how they interact with communities and players.

Although it may seem odd for an NFL team, I think it's fantastic to get these men realizing how politics are involved in EVERYTHING we do.

We are blessed as Americans to even have elections.

All I can say is Thank you to ALL of the Brave Men and Women risking and sadly losing their lives throughout history yet still prevailing because that's what we do as Americans.

I loved the idea of bringing in Seals or Delta operators to show what they endure and providing these young men with advice on sacrifice, team camaraderie, and their intense work out regimens.

Worked great for the Falcons last season...Next time RUN THE BALL!! Had a SB!!!

Full article here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...m-for-first-roster-of-fully-registered-voters

For all the crap Ross took in first few years of owning the team, you have to admit he is furthering the bar for owners on how they interact with communities and players.

I love what you said there brother.

Ross deserves a bunch of credit for hiring Gase, innovations in players diets, workout regimens, and teaching these young men there's so much more than football.

Gives them a little perspective on how the world really is and how fortunate they are to be blessed with unbelievable athletic abilities that will (should) keep their families financially taken care of for many generations.

Ross has really turned the corner and with him it feels like our Miami Dolphins are doing the same.

PHINS UP!!!

I love what you said there brother.

Ross deserves a bunch of credit for hiring Gase, innovations in players diets, workout regimens, and teaching these young men there's so much more than football.

Gives them a little perspective on how the world really is and how fortunate they are to be blessed with unbelievable athletic abilities that will (should) keep their families financially taken care of for many generations.

Ross has really turned the corner and with him it feels like our Miami Dolphins are doing the same.

PHINS UP!!!

I know it was posted somewhere/linked before but can't remember from where but yeah he even took some players to his place of business outside of football and allowed players to see that side of business world, he truly does care about well being of the players being humans during and after football, cares about the fans, etc..

I know it was posted somewhere/linked before but can't remember from where but yeah he even took some players to his place of business outside of football and allowed players to see that side of business world, he truly does care about well being of the players being humans during and after football, cares about the fans, etc..

Ya dude that's awesome.

You hit it on the head. It's time to give Ross credit so I appreciate you making it a point to do so.

Our FO is putting together a solid group of men.

Outstanding job on your post brother!!

PHINS UP!!!

I remember not too long ago many of us calling for Ross to sell the team. Now... I think he's winning my support, at least.

Back
Top Bottom