Dolphins and smith talk for 5 1/2 hours. smith may change agents because of manning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and smith talk for 5 1/2 hours. smith may change agents because of manning

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...-francisco-49ers-meets-miami-dolphins-5-hours
MIAMI -- San Francisco 49ers free agent quarterback Alex Smith has left the Miami Dolphins' complex after a 5½-hour meeting with the team.

The visit Sunday could affect the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, because the 49ers are among three finalists for Manning, along with the Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans.

The 49ers had been working to re-sign Smith, the No. 1 overall 2005 draft pick who enjoyed his best season in 2011 under first-year 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, a former NFL quarterback. Smith and Manning have the same agent, Tom Condon.

The San Francisco Chronicle, citing a league source, is reporting that Smith is considering changing agents because of a possible conflict of interest.

Drew will be on him like white on rice. Bet on it.

We talked to Flynn and Manning for 5.5 hours...

And we all know how that ended...

I don't see Smith coming here since we won't offer him above 49ers 8-9 million a year...

We talked to Flynn and Manning for 5.5 hours...

And we all know how that ended...

I don't see Smith coming here since we won't offer him above 49ers 8-9 million a year...
unless smith knows something about manning to san fran, that others dont know.

Saw this on twitter:

Cam Inman ‏ @CamInman Source close to Alex Smith says QB is stunned and jaded over his plight w/49ers; @MikeKlis reports Smith talking contract w/Dolphins

Cam is a 49ers beat writer...

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

I hope so! Because Gerrard will make me postal!

Yea...I'd rather have Henne than him...

If Manning goes to San Francisco, we get A.Smith.

If Manning goes to Denver, we get Tebow.

If Manning goes to Tennessee, we get... umm... Lisa Marie Presley and a pair of season passes to Graceland.

Back
Top Bottom