Dolphins bad in prime time games, last nights game had poor ratings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins bad in prime time games, last nights game had poor ratings

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
The Dolphins continue to disappoint when given a national stage. Since the start of the 2015 season (Joe Philbin was fired four games into that season), Miami is 1-8 in games televised to the entire country. They’ve been outscored by an embarrassing 246-122 in those games.

Under Adam Gase, the Dolphins are 1-5 in those games. This season, they’ve been outscored 87-24 in those full national games, though at least they were competitive Sunday.

• Miami hasn’t exactly been a huge national draw this season. Sunday’s game drew a 9.6 rating in 56 major markets – which won the night among prime time television shows but also was the lowest major market rating for a Week 9 Sunday night game since NBC acquired the package in 2006.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article183061786.html

So much for Gase being a young Don Shula. Or was that Joe Philbin? lol

I can't blame viewers for not being impressed with us. Our offense is ... offensive. We look incompetent. Our defense is decent but doesn't usually look exciting or impactful for the level they're playing. Low scoring, few really breathtaking plays ... lots of penalties. Poor execution interspersed with uninspired play. Not really a recipe for ratings.

I think NFL ratings are down as a whole. The world series crushed the NFL in ratings two Sundays ago, a slot which the NFL has dominated in years past.

Yeah I agree with Daytona the overall nfl ratings have been down lately.

If they stop throwing flags on w every play the game would be enjoyable again
I don't want to go political with this but I do have to acknowledge that the kneeling has probably had its effect on the ratings as well.

Back
Top Bottom