Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11

Need to treat the game @ New England as a de facto bye and sit the starters. That's virtually a guaranteed loss anyway (Brady undefeated at home vs. Miami IIRC) and 16 games without a bye is just brutal. Borders on inhumane, quite frankly.
rigib.jpg

So is the team going out to LA this weekend and just stay out there for the game.

Sucks we don't get to see them play this week but this is for everyone's best interest I guess.. I still don't see why it couldn't have been at a neutral site, then players, staff, families, anyone involved at all could've just flown out of the danger zone of Florida all together and been safe

I'm all for safety, but 16 games in a row now rest?! that's bullshit. If I remember correctly, this happened to us in 94, we went on a nice run then lost steam in the second half of the season and missed the playoffs (it didn't help that marino got injured)

So 16 straight weeks of games. Players are gonna be hurting big time.

I think this will have repercussions over the entire 16 game schedule, not just a game here or there.

I suspect that we may see backups being used more often during all 16 games in order to help keep our first team players from getting too worn down. Now we will see how much depth we really have and how coach Gase uses it. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, this may end up being the Dolphins finest hour.

Excellent decision. Players can be with their families, fans don't lose a home game. Time to put the "us vs the world" cap on. Miami football teams used to be good at that.
First home game at 3-0.
You don't think these players got their families out of Florida already? I mean most are millionaires. I highly doubt our players are hunkering down with their families in their home during the storm.

I don't get it, on Oct. 25 2003 there was Cedar fire in California. There was a state of emergency declared and because of falling soot and particle matter, Dolphins were able to move immediately from San Diego to Devils stadium in Tempe and play Monday night the 27th.

Last edited:
I think this will have repercussions over the entire 16 game schedule, not just a game here or there.

I suspect that we may see backups being used more often during all 16 games in order to help keep our first team players from getting too worn down. Now we will see how much depth we really have and how coach Gase uses it. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, this may end up being the Dolphins finest hour.

Or maybe...just maybe...give individual players personal bye weeks in games they may not be as important? Playing a stiff run d? sit Ajayi...etc. Idk, that may be a little crazy, but we're gonna have to think outside of the box.

Back
Top Bottom