Dolphins Buzz: Smith contract, Martin wants to play left tackle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Buzz: Smith contract, Martin wants to play left tackle

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
### The Dolphins' Jared Odrick (five sacks) bemoans that “the media is always worried we need another pass rusher, but just look at the numbers!” Miami was 10[SUP]th[/SUP] in sacks per pass play, and Odrick said he will lose about 20 pounds to gain quickness if he stays at defensive end. He would move to defensive tackle if Randy Starks bolts in free agency, but Miami is working hard to try to keep Starks.

### Jonathan Martin admits his ideal scenario would be to play left tackle this season (which will happen if Jake Long leaves) and Richie Incognito says “we’re trying to toughen up” the scholarly Stanford grad, whom teammates good-naturedly call Big Weirdo. (Artis Hicks, who had half a cup of coffee with the Dolphins, gave him that nickname.)

### The Dolphins had more contract talks with Sean Smith's representation the past couple days, and the situation is fluid. The sides began the week far apart, with vastly different views of his value, and they still have plenty of distance to bridge to do a deal. Smith has said he very much wants to stay, but other teams might place a higher value on him.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-fins-heat-marlins-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...to-fix-defense-fins-heat-marlins-chatter.html

I've never got onto the discussion of local journalists. But I'm really impressed by the consistancy and frequency of Barry Jackson's abilities to get the latest info from Davie be it a small snippet or a significant development.

martin needs to hit the weight room. he got straight up bullied at times last year

martin needs to hit the weight room. he got straight up bullied at times last year

This. He did the fewest reps at last year's combine than any Olineman and it showed as he got dumped like a child, even by CBs.

i cant see why they would bring Smith back for the $$ he is asking for even 50% of what he is looking for is way to much for a cb that is to streaky and cant cath a ball thrown right at him.i say pass on Smith bring in a player or two with the draft and be done with it

Martin has some nice feet, especially for this ZBS but he definitely needed to hit the weight room this offseason . . . he looks soft and that translated on the field many times last season.

Odrick 20 pounds lighter is scary . . . glad to see he is willing to do what is best for the team . . . whether at DE again next season or to kick inside to replace Randy.

I'd be ok with overpaying anyone else on our roster, but please don't let it be Sean Smith! It'd be a nightmare to see him wear a Dolphins jersey again.

So you think a 20.lbs lighter Odrick is a pass rusher kdawg?

I think it will definitely add to his quickness which should make him more effective off the edge. I'd rather him inside, but if we were to resign Randy, having Odrick at DE again isn't a bad fallback option as there is no guarantee's that any of these college DE's in this draft are better than him.

"Odrick said he will lose about 20 pounds to gain quickness"...

said to lose 20, all he needs to do is to shave his back...

"Odrick said he will lose about 20 pounds to gain quickness"...

said to lose 20, all he needs to do is to shave his back...

Not a very nice thing to say......The Amount of one's back hair has nothing to do with playing football:idk:

Back
Top Bottom