Dolphins C Mike Pouncey could miss entire preseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins C Mike Pouncey could miss entire preseason

Good that we got Steen some reps last year. Pouncey is walking with a cane, that's kind of a problem.

Much ado about nothing. The Herald says the Dolphins might sit Pouncey through preseason and the next thing all hell breaks loose. Gase said the team might not play Pouncey in preseason and sit him in some regular seasons practices to try to get him to play in all 16 games. The starters play 4 or 5 preseason quarters, I'm not sweaating if Pouncey sits out those quarters to stay healthy. If there's a story saying he's expected to be injured through the season openner then I'll get concerned. They said earlier Poncey with the cane was due more to the treatment and rehap procedure than to any type of set back. We'll have a better idea of where he's at come August.

If we're^ being realistic, there is little chance he makes it through the season. With that said, we really didn't have much choice but to hope for the best with him this season. His contract isn't conducive to cutting him this past offseason so we were going to run with him regardless. Barring some miracle where he plays 14+ games next season, he is absolutely getting cut before 2018.

I'm personally hoping that he's just done and either Steen or Urbik steps in nicely and plays well. I just don't see Pouncey being able to be effective anymore with his hips.

Pouncey is our best option at center right now...resting him in the preseason is no big deal to me..IF he can stay healthy this year our run game will dominate...and WHEN that happens our receivers will be hard to stop....we need reps for our back ups anyway...and we need to be as vanilla as possible in the preseason...because when this offense hits the field for real...we will start strong and fast...starting out 6-2 in the first 8 will go a long way down the stretch

Sorry, I'm no doctor, but how do you go from walking with a cane, to playing in the NFL within 3 months. Not possible...if Gase didn't love him so much, he'd be gone....

He should retire honestly.

Back
Top Bottom