Dolphins Can Be #2 In The AFC East

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by bobw999, Nov 1, 2009.

1. bobw999

bobw999 A True Fan

If we miraculously beat the Patriots (likely by pressuring Brady), the Jets (bye week) and the Dolphins will be 4-4. With the Phins obviously having a better division record, we'd be #2 in the AFC East.

Playoffs are still within reach.

2. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

The Dolphins always give Brady and the Pats all they can handle. We almost always beat them at least once a year.

3. BLB13

BLB13 Crash Jensen

I doubt the Patriots will shut down the running game the way the Jets did today. If the offense is back on track, we pressure Brady and Ginn now has some confidence back then maybe we will be in second place. Winning these division games is huge!
    Boy the Jets talk alot of trash!

4. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

Overall record takes priority over division record, right?

5. Miami 13

Miami 13 Pro Bowler

Then we play Tampa Bay and Pats go to Indy, we could be 1st in two weeks! I don't want to get ahead of myself though.

6. FinsFan24

FinsFan24 All-Timer

Unfortunately "Almost" beating them once a year really doesnt do anything for us.

7. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Playing NE after they've had a bye week isn't ideal but there's nothing else the team can do about it.

It's going to be pretty tough

8. BLB13

BLB13 Crash Jensen

Sure, but if our losses had been to division opponents we would be pretty bad off right now. Right now we are in good shape if we beat the Patriots next week. Not only we will be in 2nd place and only one game behind the Patriots but we will be the only team in the division without a division loss.

9. Longshot

Longshot FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Right now #1 is 5-3 and #4 is 3-5... it's really still anyone's division to win.

10. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

pats next five games:

Miami
    @ Indy
    NYJ
    @New Orleans
    @Miami

If we can beat them twice, we can take the division!

Think its impossible?

We have played well against the best in this league and just lost by a few plays.

We know the Pats. We know they run the same ol bubble screens all day to Welker. Little dump offs. I know Maroney aint running for **** against us. They know they have to spread us out bigtime.

But I think BB knows our DB's are good and they will have to pull out some stuff. I think we can do it. But cannot turn the ball over. If we do more of what Solai and JT did today, then we defenitely can.

11. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

I don't give a **** about any of the players on New England. The only thing I'm scared about is Brady->Watson. All game long.

12. MadDawg020

MadDawg020 SmartGuy

A little bit of wishful thinking, but I like it!

But seriously, we've clearly had our problems with big play WRs this season, so I'm gonna be really nervous during next week's game with Moss and Welker. And honestly, it is a must-win for us. Otherwise, we fall 3 games back of the Pats, and with our schedule a wild-card spot is not likely. If we're gonna make the playoffs, it's gonna be by winning the division.

We do have some good tape to go off of between the Broncos and the Jets to see how they were able to frustrate Brady. Granted, both of their secondaries are better than ours, so they were probably able to do a lot more creative things with their front seven blitz-wise, but hopefully our personnel will enable us to get pressure on Brady throughout the WHOLE game because rattling Brady is really the only chance we have. If we have another repeat performance of our pass rush being non-existent in the second half again, it's gonna be a long afternoon.

13. HeartbreakKid28

HeartbreakKid28 A True Fan

If we finished the game last week and didn't get screwy calls we would already be in 2nd. Oh well, I'm pumped from this win anyway!!

14. SRM

SRM Scout Team

Vontae and Smith are awesome, but the way they give up long plays is going to kill us if they give them up vs Moss and Welker

15. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

The key to Welker is to cover him close even in motion and tackle his *** the first time! The way we dialed up on Sanchez and Brees last week, I have no doubt we will bring some heat but you just have to watch the quick hitches with Brady. He does alot of **** that his receivers make happen, not him, he just gets rid of it in .05 seconds.

16. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan Dolphin fan since '72

Sweep the Jet's, the Pats and the Bill's life will be good.

17. Red Blur

Red Blur Active Member

Guys, let's not get too ahead of ourselves right now. Honestly, if we play like we did today, a good team like the Pats will hammer us pretty badly, especially in NE. If we play like we're capable of playing then we can definitely beat them.