Dolphins Can Be #2 In The AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Can Be #2 In The AFC East

bobw999

Active Roster
Reaction score
If we miraculously beat the Patriots (likely by pressuring Brady), the Jets (bye week) and the Dolphins will be 4-4. With the Phins obviously having a better division record, we'd be #2 in the AFC East.

Playoffs are still within reach.

The Dolphins always give Brady and the Pats all they can handle. We almost always beat them at least once a year.

I doubt the Patriots will shut down the running game the way the Jets did today. If the offense is back on track, we pressure Brady and Ginn now has some confidence back then maybe we will be in second place. Winning these division games is huge!
Boy the Jets talk alot of trash!

Overall record takes priority over division record, right?

Then we play Tampa Bay and Pats go to Indy, we could be 1st in two weeks! I don't want to get ahead of myself though.

Playing NE after they've had a bye week isn't ideal but there's nothing else the team can do about it.

It's going to be pretty tough

Sure, but if our losses had been to division opponents we would be pretty bad off right now. Right now we are in good shape if we beat the Patriots next week. Not only we will be in 2nd place and only one game behind the Patriots but we will be the only team in the division without a division loss.

Overall record takes priority over division record, right?

Right now #1 is 5-3 and #4 is 3-5... it's really still anyone's division to win.

pats next five games:

Miami
@ Indy
NYJ
@New Orleans
@Miami

If we can beat them twice, we can take the division!

Think its impossible?

We have played well against the best in this league and just lost by a few plays.

We know the Pats. We know they run the same ol bubble screens all day to Welker. Little dump offs. I know Maroney aint running for **** against us. They know they have to spread us out bigtime.

But I think BB knows our DB's are good and they will have to pull out some stuff. I think we can do it. But cannot turn the ball over. If we do more of what Solai and JT did today, then we defenitely can.

I don't give a **** about any of the players on New England. The only thing I'm scared about is Brady->Watson. All game long.

pats next five games:

Miami
@ Indy
NYJ
@New Orleans
@Miami

If we can beat them twice, we can take the division!

Think its impossible?

We have played well against the best in this league and just lost by a few plays.

We know the Pats. We know they run the same ol bubble screens all day to Welker. Little dump offs. I know Maroney aint running for **** against us. They know they have to spread us out bigtime.

But I think BB knows our DB's are good and they will have to pull out some stuff. I think we can do it. But cannot turn the ball over. If we do more of what Solai and JT did today, then we defenitely can.

A little bit of wishful thinking, but I like it!

But seriously, we've clearly had our problems with big play WRs this season, so I'm gonna be really nervous during next week's game with Moss and Welker. And honestly, it is a must-win for us. Otherwise, we fall 3 games back of the Pats, and with our schedule a wild-card spot is not likely. If we're gonna make the playoffs, it's gonna be by winning the division.

We do have some good tape to go off of between the Broncos and the Jets to see how they were able to frustrate Brady. Granted, both of their secondaries are better than ours, so they were probably able to do a lot more creative things with their front seven blitz-wise, but hopefully our personnel will enable us to get pressure on Brady throughout the WHOLE game because rattling Brady is really the only chance we have. If we have another repeat performance of our pass rush being non-existent in the second half again, it's gonna be a long afternoon.

If we finished the game last week and didn't get screwy calls we would already be in 2nd. Oh well, I'm pumped from this win anyway!!

Vontae and Smith are awesome, but the way they give up long plays is going to kill us if they give them up vs Moss and Welker

The key to Welker is to cover him close even in motion and tackle his *** the first time! The way we dialed up on Sanchez and Brees last week, I have no doubt we will bring some heat but you just have to watch the quick hitches with Brady. He does alot of **** that his receivers make happen, not him, he just gets rid of it in .05 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom