Dolphins, Chargers ???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins, Chargers ????

DolfanWally

FinFan4Life
Reaction score
Hey folks, Praying all you guys down in Florida are safe and escaped any major damage to your homes. Looking ahead to this weeks game how do you think the fins stack up against the Chargers? None of the analysts has us winning that game. Would hate to not be able to take advantage of New England's loss this week. Any thoughts??????

If we don't stop Gordon and pressure Rivers it will be a very long day. I thought their D looked fast. Flip is that we should be able to complete some passes on them as long as our oline holds up. I think Ajayi could have a nice day.

Last edited:
this will not going to be easy at all they look --real fast-- i hope we do not come out asleep after our 3 weeks off ----fins up !! we need to play fast !!!!

i expect a close game. rivers doesnt scare me, hes in decline. hopefully there will be more fin fans there than charger fans.

Last year was a challenging game. If not for the Alonso pick-6 the Chargers would've won. Perhaps Jakeem Grant gets redemption against them this year (his fumble on a punt return directly set up a Chargers TD drive right after).

Last year was a challenging game. If not for the Alonso pick-6 the Chargers would've won. Perhaps Jakeem Grant gets redemption against them this year (his fumble on a punt return directly set up a Chargers TD drive right after).
And if Jakeem Grant didn't botch that punt inside the 5, maybe San Diego doesn't score there and we still win.
So many ifs...

It's worse that the LA Chargers lost bc it's always tougher to play a team after a loss.

Dolphins are going to play hard and we will score points.

I think it's about turnovers.

If we are right and do not turn it over -or at least win the turnover battle we will win.
Rivers makes mistakes - as we saw last year...I'm counting on getting a couple - if we can hold on to the ball Rivers will do enough wrong.

Ajayi and Drake are going to get a lot of opportunities to grind the Chargers down...must hold the ball to properly bloody them for 4th qtr kill...

They only have 1 quality lb playing and that's brown. It's a major weakness.

Tre Boston is another weakness

Last edited:
Hey folks, Praying all you guys down in Florida are safe and escaped any major damage to your homes. Looking ahead to this weeks game how do you think the fins stack up against the Chargers? None of the analysts has us winning that game. Would hate to not be able to take advantage of New England's loss this week. Any thoughts??????

After watching last night, here are the keys to beating them:

1) Stop Melvin Gordon - The Charges offense is HIGHLY one dimensional outside of Gordon. Rivers was pedestrian if not afforded opportunities in the opponents end of the field because of key (and freak) turnovers. I was surprised at the lack of 2TE passing playing, Gates has slowed down big time.

2) Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram are SCARY - This will be a huge test for our tackles on passing downs and could alter the entire course of the game via a strip sack or throw under pressure as an INT. Chargers had 9 QB hits this game but Bosa and Ingram were the only sacks.

3) J-Train time! - This game can be won on the ground and with some play action passes. Broncos put up 140 yards rushing on the Chargers D. J-Train could easily put up 200+

4) Test their depth a DB - go 4 or even 5 WR and aim for quick slants/hooks, let Cutler get into a rhythm with passes designed to negate the PR.

I think this game is very winnable if we do these things!

High scoring affair:

Final Score: Dolphins 38 - 21 (Ajayi 3 Rush TDs, Cutler 2 TDs + FG)

It definitely runs thru Melvin Gordon and he's not much of a run thru contact back. Dropped that weight to get the player back after his rookie year and goes down on first contact a lot.

Those 2 big WRs run top shelf routes. That's gonna be a problem.

As is Rivers climbing the pocket vs wide pressure and his ability to find space to throw from. Quite a skill of his.

Miami should be better than Denver dealing with bosa and Ingram with our tackles. But pin their ear opportunities we'd be in trouble. Gase will limit the exposure get behind the sticks call draws etc.

Play above the rim with dvp and run the ball with Ajayi 20 plus times. The lb level stinks outside of undersized but very good player jatavis brown.

The boundary corners make business decisions vs the run no inside contain force play. Expose it with toss plays a lead pull guard and ajayi.

Antonio gates looks like a figurehead now.

Last edited:
I think this is a huge test for Miami just to stay focused on the game. I think it's a good match-up and one that the Dolphins can win. But, when you're dealing with the hurricane, potential family, housing issues etc. I think it would be easy to lose focus. We saw Houston get hammered by Jacksonville, which was a surprise.

I think this is a huge test for Miami just to stay focused on the game. I think it's a good match-up and one that the Dolphins can win. But, when you're dealing with the hurricane, potential family, housing issues etc. I think it would be easy to lose focus. We saw Houston get hammered by Jacksonville, which was a surprise.

Tom Savage vs a defense that was ranked 6th in total defense in 2016 and vastly improved in 2017. I don't think it was that surprising.

Back
Top Bottom