Dolphins, Chargers ???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins, Chargers ????

I do not like this matchup for the Dolphins at all. Big WRs, a pedestrian Gates that still will likely shred our LBs, a RB with home run ability, a dink and dunk passer that seems destined to pick up those annoying 3rd and 24 pickups against our Dolphins...for some reason I can't think of this game without envisioning Jay Cutler fumbling with a strip sack.

I did not enjoy typing any of the above.

That said, the players are fired up. A fast start will be crucial for keeping the ball in Rivers' mistake-prone hands. We need some youngsters like Harris to step up and cause them to make mistakes. A Chargers team with confidence is scary. A Chargers team that is rattled is almost comedic to behold.

Can't envision a Patriots loss against the Saints, so this is also a crucial week if this team wants to have some breathing room for the marathon 16-game-with-no-breaks season in front of them.

SO EXCITED DOLPHINS FOOTBALL IS BACK!

It's one thing to have big WRs it's another thing to have big WRs with plus feet and foot work that run excellent routes... Williams and Allen do both

Last years game shouldn't have even been close if not for Grant's snafu's. It will be hard to consistently run against them, especially early. We tried to go in with that mentality last year and fell behind quickly. Tannehill was huge in this game last year completing big plays deep as he was getting hit. Hopefully Cutler can do the same thing! On a side note from watching the game live in San Diego the last 2 years, you have to wrap up Rivers and take him down. We had several would be sacks because the rusher did not wrap up and Rivers bounced off or escaped.

If we don't establish the run, it's going to be a long day. You have to do something to keep them from going all out after Cutler, set up some play action, much of what has already been said here. Just a gut feel here, but I believe 2 guys they don't talk about will have a big say in the outcome - Grant & Drake. Ajayi will get the lions share of the carries, but I really liked the speed I saw from Drake in the preseason and feel he could bust one on a run or screen.

Howard has got to make a play, Jones can not looks rusty and hopefully we can hide Allen. Gettin pressure with the DTs will be big. If I remember correctly Lippet was big vs Rivers last year.
Cutler is going to have some issues we are all expecting that, I just hope he knows once Parker eats it sets the table for everyone else.

Our Wrs are going to need to bring their A game vs the Chargers CB group because they're pretty talented.

I will be at the game this week for what is technically our season opener so I am jacked!

RUN RUN RUN RUN the ball and we should win this game.

The only issue is we could be rusty and SD takes a lead early. That would be very very bad for us.

Our Wrs are going to need to bring their A game vs the Chargers CB group because they're pretty talented.

No they're not. Even Chargers fans don't think much of their corners. What you saw last night was the dubious triumph of bad QBs on both sides of the ball.

The Phins are going to do to the Bolts what they did to the Texans two seasons ago on put up 40 in the first half.

Their corners look pretty good to me. Good technique good ball skills not really interested in playing the run though. They need to play Desmond king more I guess they will figure that out in time.

Line up in 11 spread them out and attack with Ajayi in the run game until the scoreboard tells you you can't. I would shorten the game. Should be plays to me made in 12 too.

Bosa and Ingram are gonna have the advantage of the snap count take it away from them by making them play it honest with a heavy run dose. Attack the lb level there's only one that can play.

Get behind the sticks limit the exposure with draws and delays etc. chip with the backs and avoid deep drops cause most of ingrams Damage is outside shoulder wide turn the corner.

When they play McCain and the sticks allow it run the ball directly at him.

The strong safety addai can play too

Their corners are so good that they let a nobody score two TDs on them. I'm not saying we shouldn't run it down their throats, but I am saying that there's no reason the Phins cannot pass at will.

i don't think either of those two tds were on a corner. I know one was Zone on the lb level which lacks zone awareness. Hayes pullard lacks range is undersized and has no coverage feel and the toomer kid looks like Tarzan plays like Jane short of the forced fumble play.

First td might have been on the safety level. Can't remember

They have 4 NFL caliber corners Williams I guess his name is looks like the weakness short of how they will deal with size on the boundary. One small corner group

I think the TEs step up this week for us in the passing game exposing their lb core

Think its going to be a tough game being rusty is not going to help us. But I do think if we run the ball well we can get at them by attacking their LBs in coverage Big need is our O Line to play well.

Back
Top Bottom