Dolphins claim linebacker Justin March-Lillard | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins claim linebacker Justin March-Lillard

I live in KC and follow the Chiefs almost as much as the Fins and I think this is a great claim for the Fins. Coming out of college, he was a UDFA that won the coaching staff over right away. In this first year, he was the talk of training camp but it was a numbers game in KC, so they stashed him on IR to keep him around. Last year, he has an arm injury I think but at the time, he was in line to start next to Derrick Johnson. The Chiefs had already cut their 4th round pick Ramik Wilson so it shows you what they thought of him. The team ended up activating him over Jamaal Charles for their playoff run which says a lot knowing Jamaal's history with the team.

This off-season, the Chiefs invested in a few picks and trades for LBs that are more rangy than JML but he definitely has the talent to start. He's a thumper naturally but I've been impressed by his coverage ability given his size. Personally, once he gets the system down, I think he could legitimately challenge Rey for the job at MLB and is a definitive upgrade over Hull. Nice pick up by the FO on this one.

I live in KC and follow the Chiefs almost as much as the Fins and I think this is a great claim for the Fins. Coming out of college, he was a UDFA that won the coaching staff over right away. In this first year, he was the talk of training camp but it was a numbers game in KC, so they stashed him on IR to keep him around. Last year, he has an arm injury I think but at the time, he was in line to start next to Derrick Johnson. The Chiefs had already cut their 4th round pick Ramik Wilson so it shows you what they thought of him. The team ended up activating him over Jamaal Charles for their playoff run which says a lot knowing Jamaal's history with the team.

This off-season, the Chiefs invested in a few picks and trades for LBs that are more rangy than JML but he definitely has the talent to start. He's a thumper naturally but I've been impressed by his coverage ability given his size. Personally, once he gets the system down, I think he could legitimately challenge Rey for the job at MLB and is a definitive upgrade over Hull. Nice pick up by the FO on this one.

I find that extremely hard to believe.

Thanks for the input.

A 222lb LB on a 4-3 defense makes no sense. Why did we cut Lacey again? I believe he was about the same weight and now he's on another team in our division

Ozzy rules!!

Not sure why people are so concerned with his size... the ILBs in a 3-4 have to take on more offensive lineman in their system than a 4-3 MLB since there are fewer down lineman. If anything, he should have more freedom than he was used to in KC.

A 222lb LB on a 4-3 defense makes no sense. Why did we cut Lacey again? I believe he was about the same weight and now he's on another team in our division

Ozzy rules!!

Funny that some are questioning March-Lillard for his size at 222 pounds but wanting to have kept Lacey at 225 pounds. I never knew 3 pounds could make such a difference.

Keep on mind that Kiko played the middle last year and he's I believe a little bigger and faster and yet they moved him to the weak side for a reason. Like always I'm hoping for the best but at this time I have to believe this is for ST's

Ozzy rules!!

Funny that some are questioning March-Lillard for his size at 222 pounds but wanting to have kept Lacey at 225 pounds. I never knew 3 pounds could make such a difference.
They don't. I never said I wanted them to keep Lacey. I meant we cut him and bring someone else that looks just like him but like I said above, I believe this is for ST's

Ozzy rules!!

Not sure why people are so concerned with his size... the ILBs in a 3-4 have to take on more offensive lineman in their system than a 4-3 MLB since there are fewer down lineman. If anything, he should have more freedom than he was used to in KC.

Nope. Not true. Bob Sutton uses 2 gap techniques with his DL which in turn allows more freedom for the LBs to flow over the top than what we have in a one gap run fit system.

Lacy was listed at 6 foot 3 and 235 he didn't look 235 now it says this new kids 230

Back
Top Bottom