Dolphins coach Gase likes looks of his offense in OTAs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins coach Gase likes looks of his offense in OTAs

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
AR-306089402.jpg&exactW=700&Q=80&exactFit=crop&RCRadius=20

Gase was pleased with the way the offense fared during 10 days of organized team activities, including the final workout Thursday.
"There have been a couple of days where the offense has had some good production," Gase said. "We've done some good things. I feel really good about our defense, because they do a lot of really good things and it makes it very difficult for our offense to consistently move the ball. There'll be some bad plays in there, and today I think we caught them in a couple of things. We had really good execution."
http://www.readingeagle.com/ap/article/dolphins-coach-gase-likes-looks-of-his-offense-in-otas

With that explosive offense there's no reason to be 31st in converting 3rd downs like last season

I can think of a reason and its called oline. Can't block well enough for routes to develop beyond the sticks. Can't block well enough to keep us in manageable third downs (despite consistently getting big plays from the running game we still struggle to open up holes with reliability). So I can find a reason why even an offense with an explosive set of skill players and QB's who at least last year found a way to get the ball to them might still be pretty all or nothing, and it's the same reason its been since like the turn of the century.

I can think of a reason and its called oline. Can't block well enough for routes to develop beyond the sticks. Can't block well enough to keep us in manageable third downs (despite consistently getting big plays from the running game we still struggle to open up holes with reliability). So I can find a reason why even an offense with an explosive set of skill players and QB's who at least last year found a way to get the ball to them might still be pretty all or nothing, and it's the same reason its been since like the turn of the century.
Which means the front office over that period were incapable of attaining the right players or we had coaches who could not coach.

Which means the front office over that period were incapable of attaining the right players or we had coaches who could not coach.

Phin i think it is both - from Sparano to Philbin and Turner, Douglas and Thomas, and cant forget we lost a good guard and squandered a draft pick with the whole bullygate...

"Gase responded with a defensive beat-down I haven't seen since the Chad Pennington days. I stopped counting the offensive TD's after five. It was a jaw dropping performance from Ryan Tannehill and company. One that shut me up" (about lackluster offense). - Omar Kelly

With that explosive offense there's no reason to be 31st in converting 3rd downs like last season
The addition of a seam threat TE (who hopefully can stay healthy) is going to make a big difference IMO.

"Gase responded with a defensive beat-down I haven't seen since the Chad Pennington days. I stopped counting the offensive TD's after five. It was a jaw dropping performance from Ryan Tannehill and company. One that shut me up" (about lackluster offense). - Omar Kelly
What was the source? Didn't see it in the original article.

Back
Top Bottom