Dolphins Coaching Staff (as it stands right now) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Coaching Staff (as it stands right now)

FSU Truth

Toss a coin to your Witcher
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score
Head Coach: Adam Gase

Offense

OC: Dowell Loggians
RB: Eric Studsville
OL: Jeremiah Washburn, Chris Kuper
QB: Bo Hardegree
WR: Ben Johnson
TE: Shane Day
OQC: Josh Grizzard
Offensive advisor: Shawn Jefferson

Defense

DC: Matt Burke
LB: Frank Bush, Charlie Bullen
DL: Kris Kocurak, Andre Carter
DB: (still looking for Anarumo’s replacement), Daronte Jones
DQC: Rusty McKinney

Specials

STC: Darren Rizzi
STA: Marwan Maalouf

Director of Player and football development

Clyde Christensen

I'm pretty sure I have everyone, but if I missed an addition I will add it.

The DB coach situation is curious. Only reasons I can think is taking a while to fill is because either 1) current target is on a playoff team or 2) having long negotiations with current target like a Kris Richard. Thoughts?

The DB coach situation is curious. Only reasons I can think is taking a while to fill is because either 1) current target is on a playoff team or 2) having long negotiations with current target like a Kris Richard. Thoughts?
Nice post bro. It also could be if Richard could land a bigger role with a new HC still in the playoffs.

Nice post bro. It also could be if Richard could land a bigger role with a new HC still in the playoffs.

Yep that's one of the "negotiation" aspects of someone like Richard. He's a former DC from a very good team so I'm sure his first choice would be to find a job as a DC and not go backwards to a DB coach. But taking a step backwards after getting fired happens frequently.

Yep that's one of the "negotiation" aspects of someone like Richard. He's a former DC from a very good team so I'm sure his first choice would be to find a job as a DC and not go backwards to a DB coach. But taking a step backwards after getting fired happens frequently.
I agree with you. It may be a step backwards but if the Dolphins could turn this into something special on defense and it could get him back where he wants to be. Also would be a fall back plan if Burke didn't pull it all together.

Last edited:

Very possible. I guy like Richards will have several suiters...as did the RB coach we just hired and Washburn. Gase had previous relationships with the aforementioned 2, I don't know if he does with Richards.

I think Gase made some nice changes. I'm hoping he'll be some good changes with the players as well. Free agency & the draft can't get here soon enough

Ozzy rules!!

I agree with you. It may be a step backwards but if the Dolphins could turn this into something special on defense and it could get him back where he wants to be. Also would be a fall back plan if Burke didn't pull it all together.

That's an excellent point. Also, Richard as a DB coach would have some nice young CB talent and vet safety players to work with. Say what you will about the front 7 on Miami's defense that back unit has lots of potential.

Very possible. I guy like Richards will have several suiters...as did the RB coach we just hired and Washburn. Gase had previous relationships with the aforementioned 2, I don't know if he does with Richards.

I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment but if Miami can sign Richard he would solidify a very good defensive staff.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...s-coaching-candidate-kris-richard/1003478001/

He's led one of the best defenses in the league the past three seasons
Since taking over as the Seahawks' defensive coordinator in 2015, Richard has led one of the most feared defensive units in the NFL. The group ranked first in fewest points allowed in 2015, third in 2016 and 13th last season. The rushing defense was especially stout, allowing the fewest yards in the league in 2015 and the seventh-fewest in 2016.

Even though defensive backs coach would be a step down for Kris Richard, the Dolphins could also throw in the Assistant Head Coach title. Can't ever have enough assistant head coaches!!!

I think Gase made some nice changes. I'm hoping he'll be some good changes with the players as well. Free agency & the draft can't get here soon enough

Ozzy rules!!
I expect changes in player personnel for sure, the draft is key.

This DB coaching search has been like a Secret Squirrel? All that we know is Kris Richard may be a guy Gase would want. But there seems to be nothing else associated with Miami’s Potential Candidates? I really hope Richard is the guy and it just a matter of his preference to be a DC that he’s willing to wait it out for other teams to make hires. This guy would be a game changer in my opinion. He’s also a DC in waiting in case Burke fails?

This DB coaching search has been like a Secret Squirrel? All that we know is Kris Richard may be a guy Gase would want. But there seems to be nothing else associated with Miami’s Potential Candidates? I really hope Richard is the guy and it just a matter of his preference to be a DC that he’s willing to wait it out for other teams to make hires. This guy would be a game changer in my opinion. He’s also a DC in waiting in case Burke fails?

Personally, I see little evidence Richard' is the target. Yes, there is speculation he's the guy, some logic, but little evidence

Head Coach: Adam Gase

Offense

OC: Dowell Loggians
RB: Eric Studsville
OL: Jeremiah Washburn, Chris Kuper
QB: Bo Hardegree
WR: Ben Johnson
TE: Shane Day
OQC: Josh Grizzard
Offensive advisor: Shawn Jefferson

Defense

DC: Matt Burke
LB: Frank Bush, Charlie Bullen
DL: Kris Kocurak, Andre Carter
DB: (still looking for Anarumo’s replacement), Daronte Jones
DQC: Rusty McKinney

Specials

STC: Darren Rizzi
STA: Marwan Maalouf

Director of Player and football development

Clyde Christensen

I'm pretty sure I have everyone, but if I missed an addition I will add it.

Daronte Jones is no longer on our staff. He is with the Bengals.

Back
Top Bottom