Dolphins committed to latest logo for now, but will wear throwbacks twice in 2017 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins committed to latest logo for now, but will wear throwbacks twice in 2017

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Jonah-Hill-Fist-Pump-on-the-Phone.gif

I’d say we’re listening to the fans and evaluating everything. We’re open-minded.

Got to start somewhere. I don't think there is anything they could do, short of a Super Bowl, that would make the entire fan base happy than switching to the throwbacks. Sounds like they will at least consider it once the time expires on the current logo. Get it done Garfinkel.

This comment is telling...makes it sound like they could have plans to change 'em back....

There is a long time frame. You can’t just change uniforms on a whim.

Also the article states we will be wearing all whites vs the Ravens on TNF, not the all orange as Ross was not a fan.

The throwbacks are so fresh. I love how Gase wears the old logo every day on every article of clothing. Gase will get it done as soon as it can be done

Merchandising deals are an issue - as nike, etc won't be pumped about another switch with stuff already on the shelves needing to be sold - but the quicker they make this happen the better. I have never been able to understand how such a classic logo degenerated into the eyesore that exists today.

They just HAVE to wear the throwbacks against the Raiders. Talk about a classic old AFL look on Sunday night football. I suspect that game and the night game vs. the evil empire will be the 2 throwback games.

Hey DKphin, how about you get the guy who designed the logo in your avatar to offer his services to Garfinkel? You know, just in case he decides to re-re-invent the logo before it actually expires. Then maybe tell him it would be a good idea to leak some of the design choices before he goes official with them ... so we can have a little input this time. Just a suggestion.

I really don't see the tram changing the current logo that drastically when the time comes. If anything they will tweak the logo similar to how Carolina and Tampa tweaked theirs and make changes to the uniform. As much as people want the old logo back, it probably won't happen. I personally think the changes will be a hybrid of old and new. Keep the current logo and incorporate more of the old uniform look.

Believe it or not changing the logo to the current state actually illustrates the team's logo changed over the years. I live in Colorado and back when the Dolphins wore the old uniform when Ricky Williams played people here were shocked to learn that it was a throwback uniform. They had no idea that the logo and uniform had changed over the years.

Back
Top Bottom