Dolphins continue rising in ESPN Power Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins continue rising in ESPN Power Rankings

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
It’s been quite the offseason for the Miami Dolphins in the ESPN Power Rankings. After initially being shown little respect following their 10-6 season that led to a long-awaited playoff berth, the Worldwide Leader inexplicably placed the team at No. 21 in its first rankings following the conclusion of last season. After the team made a multitude of solid moves during the free agency period, they jumped to No. 15 in the rankings. Now, following the 2017 NFL Draft, the experts over at ESPN have Miami at No. 13 going into offseason camps.

http://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/08/dolphins-continue-rising-in-espn-power-rankings/

I don't quite get it, ESPN loves Miami but folks at NFL Network don't. Either way I think Miami is a top ten NFL team. But that's just me though.

I also feel we are top 10 with more talent and Gase! Burke is the big Question mark with what he will try and do?

We had a very solid offseason, IMO. Not great. Passed on some opportunities in free agency with guards, but we're much better depth wise and we added a lot of good young talent in the draft. Injuries and depth were our biggest issues last season. We're a better team now.

Unfortunately, our record this season may not reflect that because of SOS but we'll see. I am not writing an Adam Gase team off. I'm more excited going into this season than any other in recent memory.

Encouraging to see Fins bumped up to #11 on the ESPN polls. Yep, don't mean jack. But...still cool to see.

We need to really run up the score on otas and get into the top 10!

I'd rather be underrated and overlooked but that is a mistake that only the national media makes. NFL teams know a bit more.

I can see us ascending from 17th ranked scoring to top 8. The offense is going to surprise a lot of people. Defense will climb from 18th in points allowed to somewhere around 14th. Yards allowed should improve from 29th to around 15. Injuries and a lack of depth killed us last year. A better offense will help. We should be more physical but will still struggle vs Rb's and TE's and also with a first time DC. I expect Gase to be more involved overseeing Burke than he was with VJ and they will finish stronger than they start on defense. Just my outlook though....

Add a veteran DT and it will go a long way towards overall defense this year.

We had a very solid offseason, IMO. Not great. Passed on some opportunities in free agency with guards, but we're much better depth wise and we added a lot of good young talent in the draft. Injuries and depth were our biggest issues last season. We're a better team now.

Unfortunately, our record this season may not reflect that because of SOS but we'll see. I am not writing an Adam Gase team off. I'm more excited going into this season than any other in recent memory.

Look, even I find myself blaming him when it rains or when I lose the lottery week after week, but cmon man, we can't blame Sons of Shula for EVERYTHING!

ESPN has Miami behind Denver and Tennessee, both of whom finished 9-7 last year. They don't see them as a playoff team.

Im not overly worried about strength of schedule because...

A. The team should be improved enough on defense and offense to better compete with playoff caliber teams and....

B. Often once the season starts one or two of the so called strong teams drop off be it injuries, age, or incomptence. Same goes for bad teams getting better, but the point is the schedule is not always what it seems in April when released.

Back
Top Bottom