Dolphins create $17.8 million in cap space with restructurings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins create $17.8 million in cap space with restructurings

Cool, kick the can down the road. When we draft a QB in 2018 and cut Tanny in 2019, it will actually be like we are paying a QB top dollar with all the dead money that we will be carrying for the next couple years.

just pushes the cap problems further down the road, probably for the next gm to deal with

This is T-Bum's MO. He re-structures deals then cut guys later with more dead money on the back end, mortgaging the future to spend more money on a bad roster in the present.

If you are going to suck, take the hit now and build for the future with a clean cap. Stop mortgaging the future with more guaranteed money and by trading picks. Tannehill will count $26M and $25M against the cap in 2019 and 2020. Now if you got he route of drafting a young guy, his dead cap in 2019 is $13M and $6M in 2020. Reshad will count $17 and $15M against the cap in 2019 and 2020 with $12M and $8M in dead cap respectively if cut.

These guys are cornerstones, but you need to remain future flexible.

God, some of you are professional pessimists. I swear, if you won the lottery, all you would do is bitch about the taxes.

Yeah, this isn't the perfect scenario, but it's sure better than doing nothing. I bet the same people complaining about these moves would be the ones to complain if they did nothing.

God, some of you are professional pessimists. I swear, if you won the lottery, all you would do is bitch about the taxes.

Yeah, this isn't the perfect scenario, but it's sure better than doing nothing. I bet the same people complaining about these moves would be the ones to complain if they did nothing.

Absolutely not. As a fan, i just want a clear direction and scheme/roster identity, one that appears well thought out and sustainable. I haven't seen that in years. I'm not seeing it again. I continue to see the same types of moves over again, with a guy at the head of it who has a history of doing the same moves. The bitching is frustration....and if you've been on the board the last few years when some of us have done it and watched the games, you can see that many of us weren't wrong in what we said (or why), so until that changes, we're emotional fans running on gut feeling.

Our front office is obtuse or slow to react. They have no faith or belief in themselves or their personnel decision making and it's not without reason (see Branch and Kiko). Outsiders have long pointed out this deficiency and aptly blame it on our organization constantly hedging their bets to seemingly secure a mediocre record (see Quinn, Cutler and Mario Williams).

This constant restructuring is soooo spinning their wheels to acquire just enough talent to feel they are competing. When in reality, if they just stuck with who they drafted, they'd probably be better off. Simply because these new shiny toys still typically need 5-6 weeks to gel as a unit. At which time they are scrambling to make the wild card.

What of Jakeem Grant? Asiata? Eric Smith? If they trusted and developed these guys you get to keep Suh while letting meh players like Juwaun James walk and not having to acquire a Wilson, Sitton and Amendola. Saving yourself more cap space in the process. Landry was pure greed not to extend him after year 2, imo.

Now we're labeled cranky?...Heck, we're just doing our jobs.

Cap increases are fairly consistent. Those numbers might not look as awful a year or two down the road. I believe the cap increase was around 10 million this year, if that stays consistent over the next couple off seasons , might take the sting out somewhat looking at it initially?

Back
Top Bottom