"Dolphins do great work in the draft shadows" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins do great work in the draft shadows"

You hyperlinked the 'so' in your first sentence. Can you update your link so that others can read the article?

PS i don't think we go Dez... we have more urgent needs on D.

You hyperlinked the 'so' in your first sentence. Can you update your link so that others can read the article?

Fixed..... thanks for the heads up man! :up:

I agree...... but we have not touched the offense besides adding depth to the O line. We need a star on the offensive side of the ball. Now I dont know if thats Dez or not... I'm just sayin

The 2 most plausible scenarios IMO are;

1) the Donkeys unload B Marshall (shortly before or on draft day) and acquire Dez or

2) Jacksonville (having signed Kampman) selects D Bryant and pairs him w/ Sims-Walker.

We passed on Quinn (which was a good move) but selected the Ginn Family (a bad move) both combining to pizz off a lot of fans.

With that as perspective, I think a strong case can be made for drafting Dez if available:

a) legitimately assessed as one of the best WR prospects in the last several years, his selection is neither a reach nor inappropriate since even our QB is calling for a difference-making wideout. We may have greater needs but this helps the team and helps build the timing, touch and confidence of our QB of the future.

b) Bryant has a high visibility quotient from all the media coverage and already has local media and fans clamoring for his selection. Ross understands the Quinn/Ginn precedent for fan disappointment if not disgust. He knows that the bottom line is putting azzes in orange seats and for this reason alone, selecting a visibly dynamic and exciting player that spikes fan interest and enthusiasm will translate into higher attendance. Ross has stated on numberous occasions that he understands that football is an entertainment business and in a great weather market like South Florida, with plenty of alternatives, energizing fans is of tantamount importance!

Back
Top Bottom