Dolphins do Trusnik extension, in great 2013 cap situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins do Trusnik extension, in great 2013 cap situation

LennyV

Rookie
Reaction score
pre Armando Salguero the fins have signed Trusnik to an extension.. [h=3]Dolphins do Trusnik extension, in great 2013 cap situation[/h]It's not about this year anymore, as you know. It's about next year, and particularly next offseason for the Dolphins. And the team has been preparing for that mega-offseason in which it will have five picks in the first 100 picks of the NFL draft and approximately $46,840,000 million in salary cap space, assuming certain things happen.

First of all, the club has done only one contract extension this season. Jason Trusnik last month quietly signed a two-year extension on his original two year deal signed in 2011. That means Trusnik is signed through 2014 now. The extension is worth $2.17 million. It included a $600,000 bonus with base salaries of $715,000 in 2013 and $855,000 in 2014. Trusnik is making $700,000 this season

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...n-for-the-dolphins-and-the.html#storylink=cpy

pre Armando Salguero the fins have signed Trusnik to an extension.. Dolphins do Trusnik extension, in great 2013 cap situation

It's not about this year anymore, as you know. It's about next year, and particularly next offseason for the Dolphins. And the team has been preparing for that mega-offseason in which it will have five picks in the first 100 picks of the NFL draft and approximately $46,840,000 million in salary cap space, assuming certain things happen.

First of all, the club has done only one contract extension this season. Jason Trusnik last month quietly signed a two-year extension on his original two year deal signed in 2011. That means Trusnik is signed through 2014 now. The extension is worth $2.17 million. It included a $600,000 bonus with base salaries of $715,000 in 2013 and $855,000 in 2014. Trusnik is making $700,000 this season

well not to nit pick but Trusnik is not worth a million a year

Trusnik is pure "CRAP" he is awful, why is that bum still on the team :-(

Trusnik has earned his money. He is a valuable special teams player
I have to agree. He is making barely over the minimum and he is a good ST player. He has been in the league for 6yrs.
The bad news for undrafted players is that they won’t be able to tell who’s interested in them as something more than camp fodder based on the signing bonus that a team offers.

The good news for undrafted players is that, if they make a team, they’ll make a lot more money.
The minimum salaries for NFL players have increased by $55,000 across the board. For 2011, that means rookies will get $375,000. Players with one year of service get $450,000. Two years of service will push the minimum to $525,000.
Players with three years of service will make a minimum of $600,000. For players with four to six years of service, the minimum salary is $685,000. Seven to nine, $810,000.
For players with 10 years or more of service, the minimum salary is $910,000.
The amounts increase $15,000 per year in each of the next four seasons.
It’s believed that the program previously employed by the NFL to allow teams to sign veterans to one-year deals at a reduced camp number will apply in the new CBA. If not, marginal veteran players could become far less attractive, given the $535,000 gap between the minimum pay for rookies and 10-year pros.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/25/minimum-salaries-shoot-up-under-new-deal/

Trusnik played much better in Misi's place than I thought he would. Good back up and special teamer.

I cannot help but think that Dansby's cap number could be re-done and I wonder about Bess' number.

Most important offseason in years for Miami.

I've read on Phinsider.com, Miami can free up about $12M-$15M in additional money, if they were to, cut both Richard Marshall and Richie Incognito; as well as, restructure both Soliai and Dansby. It looks as if Patterson is going to have to restructure as well if he's going to make it past 2012. Phinsider.com suggest Marshall's back is problematic and he could be replaced. I think Ireland has a plan in place and most of the players already know if they are coming back to Miami next season. The whole league did the same thing Miami has done this season, by not resigning anyone to extensions during the season, preferring to wait until late or after the season ended.

Back
Top Bottom