Dolphins| Dolphins interested in Wimbley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins| Dolphins interested in Wimbley

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
<Apr. 25> The consensus has the Dolphins using their first-round choice, No. 16, on a wide receiver, but that isn't a sure thing, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports. Coach Nick Saban and general manager Randy Mueller will meet with Wimbley on April 26, just three days before the draft. It's hardly a lock that Wimbley will still be on the board at the 16th slot, but he could be, and the Dolphins might be tempted to grab him. Saban wants to incorporate even more 3-4 fronts to his defense in 2006, and Wimbley would be a good fit.
Jason Taylor will be 32 years old at the start of the season and, while there has been no decline in his level of play, Miami needs to start looking for an eventual replacement. Wimbley could team with Taylor over the next few years to provide a solid outside pass rush

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?CMP=ILC-INHEADCMP=ILC-INHEAD

love it wimbley is a beast, and so is bunkley god i wish we could get him he is a physical freeeeak

so jason taylor has shown no signs of letting up yet we need to start thinking about his replacement in this years 1st round? ok, slow down on the dumb pills.

I think with Wimbley it's more a matter of getting pressure on the QB. Saban wants pressure, plus with the new pass defense rules making it tougher on CB's, the best thing for shutting/slowing down a passing game will be pressure on the QB. I think that's what Wimbley will do, bring pressure.
And as far as replacing Taylor, the time is not now, but in retrospect, wouldn't it have been nice to have drafted a viable placement for Marino before he was at the end of his rope?
Same deal here. When Taylor slows down, Wimbley should be set to enter his prime.
Pass rusher is too important to neglect.

Bopkin02 said:
Check out my sig. Looks like I'm one step ahead.

Good draft, real good except I'd switch DT and WR and maybe switch out WR for Bernie Pollard, Darnell Bing, or Pat Watkins if available.

I'd stay away from FSU undersized DE's, they haven't had a ton of success over the years in the NFL.

I'd much prefer Lawson.

He's going to play 3-4 OLB anyway...

Yeah, I don't think Wimbley will be brought in as DE. He'll line up all over the place and just get after the QB.

PhinsPhan said:
<Apr. 25> The consensus has the Dolphins using their first-round choice, No. 16, on a wide receiver, but that isn't a sure thing, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports. Coach Nick Saban and general manager Randy Mueller will meet with Wimbley on April 26, just three days before the draft. It's hardly a lock that Wimbley will still be on the board at the 16th slot, but he could be, and the Dolphins might be tempted to grab him. Saban wants to incorporate even more 3-4 fronts to his defense in 2006, and Wimbley would be a good fit.
Jason Taylor will be 32 years old at the start of the season and, while there has been no decline in his level of play, Miami needs to start looking for an eventual replacement. Wimbley could team with Taylor over the next few years to provide a solid outside pass rush

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?CMP=ILC-INHEADCMP=ILC-INHEAD

I've been saying draft Wimbley all along. I believe we should draft Wimbley for the same reasons mentioned above.

To me Lawson is a better prospect than Wimbley if we're looking to convert a DE to SLB but i don't think he'd be a bad pick

Back
Top Bottom