Dolphins expected to keep only two Quarterbacks on the active roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins expected to keep only two Quarterbacks on the active roster

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
A reliable source has confirmed to me tonight the Dolphins have a plan in place to start the season with just two QBs on the active roster. The third QB is expected to be signed to the practice squad. Fins could sign Devlin to the PS if he clears waivers or Adam Froman who they worked out today.

In before the "Carson Palmer is talking bout coming back and the Phins are keeping in only 2 QBs, were trading for Palmer!"

That's stupid. Why not just cut O'Connell and keep Devlin? Devlin looks like he has decent potential.

With the qb position as it has been for some time I would think this is the year to keep a Devlin on the full time roster. Not to say put too many marbles in a guy who is more potential (albeit it is certainly there) than proven material. But the position should be treated with high degree of care and long thought. Understood that we need to have enough good OL and DBs etc. But in the Fins situation an exception should be made. What happens if Henne stinks it up or he or Moore goes down? And will Devlin not clear waivers? Just asking.

I like it, just sign Devlin to the practice squad. He hasn't played enough for another team to claim him as part of their active roster. That opens up an extra roster spot for either Moore or another DB

That's stupid. Why not just cut O'Connell and keep Devlin? Devlin looks like he has decent potential.

Why not just dump Henne and O'Connell...?? (sorry, just thinking aloud)

I like it, just sign Devlin to the practice squad. He hasn't played enough for another team to claim him as part of their active roster. That opens up an extra roster spot for either Moore or another DB

Don't be to sure about Devlin, Fins worked out Froman today. Wanted to sign him earlier in the offseason, but he had already negotiated with Atlanta when they came calling.

I wouldn't mind either one as a potential P.S. candidate. I'm just saying I don't think we need to waste an active roster spot on either one. We are taking a bit of a risk, but how often do two QB's get hurt in 1 game( I know it happened to us last year but I think that might be the one rare exception). Plus we'd be able to keep a better player on our 53

A reliable source has confirmed to me tonight the Dolphins have a plan in place to start the season with just two QBs on the active roster. The third QB is expected to be signed to the practice squad. Fins could sign Devlin to the PS if he clears waivers or Adam Froman who they worked out today.

I think the dolphins have made it obvious they will only keep two qb's

Devlin will be claimed by someone, the raiders and colts wanted him before we got him.

i would rather have froman anyway. he has a bigger arm and he is a hell of an athlete

Devlin will be claimed by someone, the raiders and colts wanted him before we got him.

Raiders have Campbell, Edwardfs and Pryor they wont claim Devlin. The colts have Manning , Collins and Painter

Back
Top Bottom