Dolphins expected to show interest in Cook | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins expected to show interest in Cook

broccoli rob

Active Roster
Reaction score
Although most of us figured, I haven't seen any articles regarding our interest in him, yet. Like I said a few days ago, id be thrilled with Wallace, Cook, and a first round CB :hclap:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5165/jared-cook

Beat writer Ben Volin expects the Dolphins to show interest in free agent Jared Cook.
The Dolphins are hungry for playmakers and have money to burn. After using broken-down pickup truck Anthony Fasano as his pass-catching tight end last season, Cook would feel like a Maserati to Ryan Tannehill.

This is better news then the Wallace news, imo... Cook would change our offensive philosophy completely. What a weapon he would be.

This just in: The Dolphins are expected to show interest in everyone.

isn't Cook looking for WR money?
From what I've read, he was looking for Wr franchise tag money, havent heard anything about him expecting WR type money on a long term contract... if that helps...?

I'm hoping he was just doing that WR stuff to not get franchised which apparently worked. He is not getting top receiver money, I don't think he gets top TE money. Its not like he has put up insane numbers or jaw dropping plays constantly. I'd love to have him at Hartline's 6.5mil/yr. Let Hartline walk away. Then spend more money on Wallace though I don't love the 11-12 mil/yr price tag. Worry about how much that effects us down the road with the salary cap, ala the Jets right now.

Although most of us figured, I haven't seen any articles regarding our interest in him, yet. Like I said a few days ago, id be thrilled with Wallace, Cook, and a first round CB :hclap:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5165/jared-cook

Beat writer Ben Volin expects the Dolphins to show interest in free agent Jared Cook.
The Dolphins are hungry for playmakers and have money to burn. After using broken-down pickup truck Anthony Fasano as his pass-catching tight end last season, Cook would feel like a Maserati to Ryan Tannehill.

Broken down pick up truck? I'd say he was more like a refrigerator. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Fasano sucks.

As I understand it, he didn't want to be franchised by the Titans and he threatened to go to arbitration if the Titans placed the dirt cheap TE franchise tag on him, since apparently he split out wide on a really high number of his snaps last season and would have tried to make the case that the Titans should have tagged him with the much pricier wide receiver tag. They didn't want to deal with it, and thus didn't franchise him.

I honestly don't blame him. That would have been a ****ty deal for him, especially with Jake Locker throwing him the ball.

i doubt this gets very far once they hear those contract demands...

good player but we would face lots of competition, especially from the rams, Fisher drafted Cook didn't he?

Back
Top Bottom