Dolphins expected to show interest in Cook | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins expected to show interest in Cook

From what I've read, he was looking for Wr franchise tag money, havent heard anything about him expecting WR type money on a long term contract... if that helps...?

Exactly. Cook just used that loophole to wiggle out of Tennessee where he didn't want to play. The market will determine his value, and since he's not a WR he won't be getting WR money. That said, TE salaries should be escalating more now that they are used more prominently in today's NFL offenses.

How about we don't give Hartline 7 million per year, give it to Cook instead and sign Wallace? Improvement.

Get an early round wide receiver while we're at it too.

If we landed Wallace AND Cook... that would be WOW. What a difference that would already be going into next year. I would be ecstatic...

"After using broken-down pickup truck Anthony Fasano as his pass-catching tight end last season"

LOL, that isn't Ben Volin who is quoted on saying that, is it?

rumor is the rams unexpectedly are not interested...kind of surprising...but this dudes looking to break the bank and he hasn't even remotely sniffed the production to demand so...underused or not i need better #'s to pay top money

Hmm. Being that Ireland is known to be a good Lineman drafter, maybe we "are" letting Long and Smith walk and using that cap space on the skills positions, hmm? Update my mock!!! :)

"After using broken-down pickup truck Anthony Fasano as his pass-catching tight end last season"

LOL, that isn't Ben Volin who is quoted on saying that, is it?

No. Volin knows that Fasano wasn't used as a pass-catching tight end last season.

Resigning Hartline has nothing to do with signing Cook or any other TE. We have 37m in cap space so we have enough to sign Wallace, Cook and Hartline. Ireland knows we need playmakers around Tannehill so hopefully he'll get it done.

Cook was rather unproductive in TN, in spite of all his talent. I'd still take my chances on Justin Keller and his health, because, at least he produced when healthy, in spite of the QB.

I just looked at the "source" they got this story from

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolinPBP
Sounds like the #Titans didn't want to mess with arbitration on JaredCook, who will now hit free agency. Expect #Dolphins to showinterest

not exactly set in stone then, just a casual comment

Cook was rather unproductive in TN, in spite of all his talent. I'd still take my chances on Justin Keller and his health, because, at least he produced when healthy, in spite of the QB.

Jake Locker is really ****ing bad. He's so bad that I'm still embarrassed, ashamed, and confused as to how the Titans took us to the damn woodshed the way they did.

He is putrid.

Jake Locker is really ****ing bad. He's so bad that I'm still embarrassed, ashamed, and confused as to how the Titans took us to the damn woodshed the way they did.

He is putrid.

That game still bugs me today. We lost to a scrub team!!! That was a disgrace the way they laid down on that Sunday Afternoon. But staying on topic, Cook has had Young when he was playing out of his mind, early in his career, as well as, Hasselback and still didn't produce. I think you're really gambling on signing Cook as opposed to Keller who's been much better when healthy.

Wallace Hartline Swope Bess Cook... **** YEAH

For those that have watched this guy play is he a little upgrade over Fasano or A lot?

Back
Top Bottom