Dolphins fan living in Eagles country | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins fan living in Eagles country

shanemike88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've been a fins fan ever since I can remember I was born in 88 so I remember Marino O.J. Mcduffie Sam Madison etc etc. I'm currently living in Wilmington Delaware about 10 15 minutes outside of Philadelphia and all my friends are Eagles fans. When the Dolphins played the Eagles in 07 (awesome year) in Philly I wore all my fins gear which included my Chris Chambers jersey and a obnixous Dr.Suess Miami Dolphins top hat.

My whole post is that i'm really tired of people thinking the Dolphins are a joke and I even made a bet with a friend that the Dolphins would finish the regular season with a better record than those dog killing Eagles.
Prediction 10-6 wild card
Ted Ginn Jr has a break out year

I've been a fins fan ever since I can remember I was born in 88 so I remember Marino O.J. Mcduffie Sam Madison etc etc. I'm currently living in Wilmington Delaware about 10 15 minutes outside of Philadelphia and all my friends are Eagles fans. When the Dolphins played the Eagles in 07 (awesome year) in Philly I wore all my fins gear which included my Chris Chambers jersey and a obnixous Dr.Suess Miami Dolphins top hat.

My whole post is that i'm really tired of people thinking the Dolphins are a joke and I even made a bet with a friend that the Dolphins would finish the regular season with a better record than those dog killing Eagles.

I'm in the same situation over here my friend, except I live in Jersey! I went to that game too, with my Eagles fan dad and Broncos fan brother. I wore my Dan Marino jersey under my jacket, and my dad was so mad because of it. He told me to keep the jacket zippered up but as we were walking up to the stadium I had too much pride to keep it hidden. About 5 seconds later some 6'something homeless looking guy walks up to me yelling, "YOURE GONNA NEED HIM TODAY", needless to say my dad yelled at me and made me zipper it up.
Most of the Eagles fans are ****y and they over hype their team year after year. I'm hoping you're right!

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome aboard! I am a Fins Fan stuck in Eagles Country as well!

Ted Ginn returned either a KR PR to the house and I stood up cheering and some old guy said he would throw me off the 200 section if i stood up again. Also I actually had a pretzel thrown at me during the game it was by far the best day of my life Minus A.J. Feeley coming in for McNabb and winning the game.

Ted Ginn returned either a KR PR to the house and I stood up cheering and some old guy said he would throw me off the 200 section if i stood up again. Also I actually had a pretzel thrown at me during the game it was by far the best day of my life Minus A.J. Feeley coming in for McNabb and winning the game.

:lol: It's a rough place to be rooting for the opposing squad, that's for sure.. and yeah that was bad. I remember it being a low scoring game, like 13-7?

You're probably going to win the bet. I thought the Eagles were headed to the SB based on their offseason moves, but after watching their #1 defense in the preseason...their defense sucks. They have really taken a step backwards...

I think the loss of Jimmy Johnson is really hurting them. They may come around...but right now, they look terrible.

It was 17-7 ugly game. Yeah for some reason the Eagles dont impress me in the NFC I mean they were 9-7-1 they tied the Bengals and got into the playoffs basically on a technicality. I'm a huge die hard Flyers and Phillies fan but when it comes to the Eagles it just isnt there. Even when I get into a discussion about Dolphins and Eagles they always try to give me a heat and talk about the 1-15 season but when you talk about the 4 NFC championship games they've been to since 04 they quickly shut down.

It was 17-7 ugly game. Yeah for some reason the Eagles dont impress me in the NFC I mean they were 9-7-1 they tied the Bengals and got into the playoffs basically on a technicality. I'm a huge die hard Flyers and Phillies fan but when it comes to the Eagles it just isnt there. Even when I get into a discussion about Dolphins and Eagles they always try to give me a heat and talk about the 1-15 season but when you talk about the 4 NFC championship games they've been to since 04 they quickly shut down.

GO PHILLIES....WORLD CHAMPIONS.

My dad is from Philadelphia so I was raised a Phillies and Flyer's fan, but I just never cared much for the Eagles....they are still my dad's team. I became a Phin's fan when I was five years and spotted their aqua/teal uniforms and I also had some football cards with Griese and Csonka. They have been my team ever since.

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. I'm just stuck in Central, PA. Thank god for the internet or I wouldn't be able to see my beloved Fins play on Sunday.

I too was at that game. My friend told me ahead of time not to wear my gear. I remember Ginn taking that kickoff to the house and I stood up with my hands raised towards the sky in excitement.

We almost won that game. Jason Allen had two picks and like someone else said if it wasn't for Feely we may have walked out of Philly with a win.

anyone in the philly, south jersey area want to meet up for the game sunday?

OR anyone have some good suggestions on where to go to watch the game?

Back
Top Bottom