Dolphins First Round Pick- Final Answers? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins First Round Pick- Final Answers?

The top 3 on my board with Miami sitting at 19 is 1) Zack Martin OT 2) CJ Mosley ILB, and 3) Eric Ebron TE. It's a good possibility that none of these guys even make it to 19, which is a reason why this will be a very exciting draft to watch due to all the scenarios that can take shape, and how unpredictable it has proven to be so far.

Either Mosley, or trade down and nab some offensive line + an extra pick or 2...

The top 3 on my board with Miami sitting at 19 is 1) Zack Martin OT 2) CJ Mosley ILB, and 3) Eric Ebron TE. It's a good possibility that none of these guys even make it to 19, which is a reason why this will be a very exciting draft to watch due to all the scenarios that can take shape, and how unpredictable it has proven to be so far.

I'm with you on this except I have Eric Ebron before CJ Mosley. I would love to see some 2 TE sets with Clay and Ebron in some goal to go situations. having the ability to create some major mis-matches in our favor really interests me.

Oline, I don't want us to trade up because we have too many holes to fill, either trade down if there isn't good value at 19. I wouldn't even have a problem with picking guard in the 1st, Martin or XSF, because giving Tannehill time and room to step into his throws would really help him. Probably in order one of the top 4 olinemen, Martin, XSF and then Bitonio just from what I've read, and if need be trade up in the 2nd round to nab another olineman. Not exciting but would make a huge difference to what Tannehill can do.

OL is no longer the do-or-die pick at #19. The group we have right now is better than last years. The defense however sucks at the LB position, then look at the wholesale changes in the D backfield, thats unsettled still, add in the uncertainty over DJordan and his development / injury questions, the departure of Soliai, and you can easily make a case for taking a D player as BPA at #19 is the best pick pending trades etc.

Why reach for a O-lineman? If one doesn't fall, why not get Eric Winston or other RT free agent? Then draft the BPA, could be WR/LB/OG, as long as it's the highest rated player on our board.

My predictions of what we will do:

1. Try to trade down for a late first rounder plus a second round pick;

2. If we can't trade down we draft Shazier or Mosley.

3. Draft BPA....and maybe field offers afterwards to deal him.

OL is no longer the do-or-die pick at #19. The group we have right now is better than last years. The defense however sucks at the LB position, then look at the wholesale changes in the D backfield, thats unsettled still, add in the uncertainty over DJordan and his development / injury questions, the departure of Soliai, and you can easily make a case for taking a D player as BPA at #19 is the best pick pending trades etc.

Eh... Don't know about ALREADY better.

Sure we upgraded LT to Pro Bowl level, and C is more than set.

We have questionable starters at both Guard positions in Shelley/D. Thomas/Brenner/Garner and again questionable starters at RT Fox/Garner/D. Thomas

The only sure thing on the line at this moment is LT and C. Is Shelley/D. Thomas a upgrade over Incog/Jerry? Is Fox/Garner upgrade over SECOND HALF SEASON Clabo?

:idk:

If yes, marginal.

Dolphins MUST walk away from this draft with a NFL (not Dolphins) starter caliber RT, and G.

it will probably be shazier knowing my luck with this team and i will drink gasoline

#19 - CJ Mosley, ILB Alabama

if he and Zack Martin, OT Notre Dame are gone by then...

#27 - Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG UCLA
(trade NO #19 for #27 and #91)

I don't care who it is aslong as he plays from the start if not it's wasted......GIVE ME A PLAY MAKER!

If Martin is gone, trade back and grab XSF from UCLA.

Back
Top Bottom