Dolphins’ first-rounder impressing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ first-rounder impressing

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Every observation made at every NFL OTA practice comes with this warning: Don’t overstate what you’re seeing. Players, after all, aren’t in pads.
With that caveat out of the way, the early signs from rookie first-round defensive end Charles Harris are encouraging.
Harris has flashed in each of the three practices open to reporters. On Monday, he stopped Kenyan Drake for a loss on a running play and then forced Ryan Tannehill out of the pocket on a throw.
Adam Gase was asked if Harris has been disruptive only in practices open to the media or consistently so.
“It is consistent,” Gase said. “He’s really done a good job of trying to implement the techniques we’re asking him to do and doing everything in the run game (and) passing game exactly what he’s coached to do. It’s hard to predict how far we can take and what’s going to happen when we get in pads.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...y-jackson/article154441464.html#storylink=rss

Yeah, the humble nature of this draft class is very refreshing.

Harris was my best case scenario about a week and a half before the draft. Then I thought TJ Watt due to what seems to be him being a more natural hand fighter.

The opinions on how polished he is were mixed.

But, man, he made Tunsil jump offside. Kid is for real, imo.

Let mw preface by saying I am not saying this is a good comparison in terms of athleticism, but watching Charles Harris fil after we drafted him I can say that he does have some tendencies that are encouraging... He also has shown some similarities to Cam in overpursuing on the pass which makes him vulnerable to the run.

But I do feel that somehow people have taken his weakness against the run and turned that into a narative that Charles Harris was not a hard worker

I want to see him in the preseason before I start eating Crow on the kid but all signs seem positive so far.

I'm with illscriptures. I cannot wait until Charles is abusing an opposing teams' offensive linemen the first preseason game.

there's laremy mentioning harris ability to turn in from either hip

that's rare stuff and bodes well for that spin move

There was a reason the Dolphins were so excited to see him still there...checkout these Pass-rushing moves and tell me that it does not make you excited:

All he needs to do is get better against the run, and he will be a Superstar.

So far according to reports, it seems he has gotten better against the run.

This from Fox Sports regarding every teams most important newcomer....

Miami Dolphins: DE Charles Harris
The Dolphins didn’t make any headline moves this offseason, but they made nice additions with Lawrence Timmons, Julius Thomas and Raekwon McMillan. However, Harris will have the biggest impact of any newcomer, stepping in as one of the starting defensive ends. He has Cameron Wake to learn from, which is always a good thing, and he’s already received high praise in offseason workouts.

So this guy thinks Harris is going to steal the job from Branch. Not out of the question in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom