Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

And there goes all our cap space. Have basically 0 flexibility until a trade or long term deal is worked out. Definitely not the move I would have made, I would have let him walk and just taken the 3rd round comp pick next year.

My understanding is that the trade terms can be negotiated. So if a team offered a 7th to lift the tag and Tbaum said ok, that would work. However if no trade is negotiated and Landry signs with another team, then they would be on the hook for a 1st round pick.

And we would have gotten a 3rd round comp pick if we let him walk correct?

That means at minimum they’d have to expect a 2 in trade

What happens with the $16 mil in trade? Someone trades him they doing it with an extension agreed to.

So miami could be letting another team potentially do it’s bidding for them. Do we have first right of refusal on the tag? Doubt we do.

Landry-
“My agent and I talked about being a leader and setting a good example so I silenced all those things by going to OTAs and training camp, by putting the team first and being a team guy. I feel like in the NFL, they preach loyalty and family and they have none for you. As a player, you see it’s not a family during negotiations, how it becomes them versus me or me versus them. That’s part of the NFL I believe the fans don’t see.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article201220184.html#storylink=cpy

We see it Jarvis, and we see that the price YOU want may not be what you're worth in other people's eyes.
Well the business side of anything is never good. It’s called the real word Jarvis. I think a lot of these guys lack the ability to comprehend what the real world really is from the eyes of a regular person.

Congratulations to the FO. We now have the highest paid DT and slot WR in the NFL I imagine most GM's in the NFL must be laughing at us right now.
We can't protect the QB and we can't cover the TE and we can't muster a real pass rush but lets give Landry 16mill and Suh over 20mill

Ozzy rules!!

Landry holds all the cards. Anyone thinking we now have leverage to get a deal is kidding themselves.

There is no scenario where he has to compromise. What is the worst that could happen for him? Play out the year on the tag @ $16M?

Any deal he signs will be on his terms.

In fact, I think Miami is trying to fend off suitors with the threat of two 1st round draft picks. And that is about all they have done: protect their right to negotiate for 1 year.

Landry will still demand top money.

Yeah if it’s two first rounders all we bought was time.

Damn that’s quite the compensation price to acquire

Lots of fans from other teams wanted Landry, and players from other teams were trying to get Landry to their squad (see Baltimore).

I ain't upset about it.

Miami has a lot of space in 2019 and 2020. There's a way to get this money spread out more to those two years.

Back
Top Bottom