Dolphins future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins future

Reaction score
Hola Fin Fans, Fin fan here from NY. I'm in the military down in S. Fla so I finally got to see my team play at home.(I've been to alot of Jet/Dolphin games at the toxic swamp they call the Meadow Lands AKA GIANTS Stadium when Marino owned them, I was also at that dreaded Mid-Night Miracle...Sucked balls) I was stoked to see them play at home, but I was disapointed when we lost a close one to the Just End The Season's, but I left the game feeling good because we played them hard and I told myself this year is the year we start to turn things around. After watching the game last week when the Cardinals just straight up and down spanked the Fins i'm not too sure. Basically I would just like to hear all of your oppinions on what you think about the future of this team, i'm possitive about it but g-d I just want SOMETHING to cheer about already it's been a while. We looked awful last week, and it kills me to see the team like this because this was a once great, respected, and feared franchise. Now we have ESPN reporters laughing at us, it ticks me off. Well just would like to hear your oppinions, and I personally think we can take it to the Pats (I hope)...But have a good weekend and lets go Fins!

P/S I HATE the Jets with the utmost bloodiest passion, and if your asking yourself i'm a Dolphin fan because my pops grew up in FL a HUGE Fins fan so it grew on me.

Everyone needs to suck it up!!! For this year anyway....the new management did a lot in the offseason, but I think they relied on many of the veterans to be better than they actually are. Once we got to training camp, it was too late to do anything about them...so, not we are probably not as good as they hoped for this year. In any case, next year they will know EXACTLY what they have, and you can expect the dead wood to be gone...

I expect next year to be competative...able to win against anyone we face, but not dominant. Might even be in playoff race up to the last few weeks. The year after that, I expect playoffs. Period. Anything less will be unacceptable and Bill and Co. can pack their bags if not..

Until then, look at the players that will be the future...Langford, Merling, Long, Henne, Starks, Fasano, Bess, and Bell...those will be our standouts. There are others who will make the core, but will probably just be average players...but every team needs those also...Satele, Smiley, Roth, Ayodele, Torbor, W. Allen....

And yes, I leave out Crowder and Porter...they aren't in the future...

Until then, look at the players that will be the future...Langford, Merling, Long, Henne, Starks, Fasano, Bess, and Bell...those will be our standouts. There are others who will make the core, but will probably just be average players...but every team needs those also...Satele, Smiley, Roth, Ayodele, Torbor, W. Allen....

And yes, I leave out Crowder and Porter...they aren't in the future...
I think Roth, Satele, and W.Allen can and will be better than just average. I also see as Crowder staying with us.

i am glad to see roth doing good he just needed to be coached unlike scam cam who wasn't doing nothin. i have been saying it since he came in the league he needs to be an lb his arms are too short to play dline

Hola Fin Fans, Fin fan here from NY. I'm in the military down in S. Fla so I finally got to see my team play at home.(I've been to alot of Jet/Dolphin games at the toxic swamp they call the Meadow Lands AKA GIANTS Stadium when Marino owned them, I was also at that dreaded Mid-Night Miracle...Sucked balls) I was stoked to see them play at home, but I was disapointed when we lost a close one to the Just End The Season's, but I left the game feeling good because we played them hard and I told myself this year is the year we start to turn things around. After watching the game last week when the Cardinals just straight up and down spanked the Fins i'm not too sure. Basically I would just like to hear all of your oppinions on what you think about the future of this team, i'm possitive about it but g-d I just want SOMETHING to cheer about already it's been a while. We looked awful last week, and it kills me to see the team like this because this was a once great, respected, and feared franchise. Now we have ESPN reporters laughing at us, it ticks me off. Well just would like to hear your oppinions, and I personally think we can take it to the Pats (I hope)...But have a good weekend and lets go Fins!

P/S I HATE the Jets with the utmost bloodiest passion, and if your asking yourself i'm a Dolphin fan because my pops grew up in FL a HUGE Fins fan so it grew on me.

welcome to the board thank god you are with us and you HATE the jets, because you are either with us or against us

welcome to the board thank god you are with us and you HATE the jets, because you are either with us or against us

Oh man, i've hated the Jets since I understood the english language. I remember watching the Dolphins on MNF when Dan the Man was kickin' a** and takin names and my dad was going nuts. Plus the Jets and Giants play in Jersey, their not a NY team in my eyes lol.

to answer your question on the future of the team. I think we're in good shape because everybody, from the FO of Tuna and Ireland to the entire coaching staff, are of a like mind. They all agree on what type of players they want, and what system they want to run (if you remember, the main reason we got so many of Dallas's assistance was because they did not have the same philosophy on the 3-4 as Phillips did).

My only question is about the OC. I'm fine with Hennig for the time being, but he was more or less Sparano and TUna going for a guy they knew after their first/only choice was blocked (Pete Charmichael QB coach for New Orleans). My question is if Hennig decides he wants to go back into retirement, do we hire from outside, or take a chance with one of our 3 position coaches (Karl Dorrell,James Saxon, or David Lee)

I think Roth, Satele, and W.Allen can and will be better than just average. I also see as Crowder staying with us.

I was borderline on W. Allen...I think he is a great cover corner, but I would like to see more picks to be a real top-tier corner...but as I said...I think he is really solid and has a great future with this team...

Roth the jury is still out on...

I have seen Satele getting bull-rushed alot and miss a few assignments...I am hoping that it is just a temporary thing...

Back
Top Bottom