Dolphins Game or Kids Game (Need advice) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Game or Kids Game (Need advice)

XXXSURTAINXXX

THE SACRIFICIAL DOLPHIN
Reaction score
I need you guys help making the right decision.....Believe it or not I am torned.

I coach a youth league team here in the city I live and my sons both play for the 2nd and 3rd grade team. I coach the 4th graders. BTW Keith Loneker is a coach on a rival team. He played for the Rams and the Falcons. Also in a bunch of movies to include "leatherheads"

For some strange reason this league likes to play on Sundays. My boys play at 11:15 cst and my team plays at 12:15 cst.

Now I have direct TV and I will be recording the game, but I know someone is going to let the score slip prior to me watching it.

I know this might sound easy to you guys....but what in the hell do I do?

sometimes life gets in the way of football.. Like this sunday a very good friend of mine is having his son's 3rd birthday party from 1-4. Yea i know great timing!! but i will be at the party becasue that is what friends/family do. i will be taping the game as well. Its going to be hard to not find out a score but i will try and just watch the game when i get home.

I'm sure your kids won't mind you staying home to watch it. After all, we're playing the green vermin, not the Falcons. :D

I need you guys help making the right decision.....Believe it or not I am torned.

I coach a youth league team here in the city I live and my sons both play for the 2nd and 3rd grade team. I coach the 4th graders. BTW Keith Loneker is a coach on a rival team. He played for the Rams and the Falcons. Also in a bunch of movies to include "leatherheads"

For some strange reason this league likes to play on Sundays. My boys play at 11:15 cst and my team plays at 12:15 cst.

Now I have direct TV and I will be recording the game, but I know someone is going to let the score slip prior to me watching it.

I know this might sound easy to you guys....but what in the hell do I do?
A nice set of earplugs won't hurt....or maybe those headphones that the guys wear to guide the planes into the terminals ;) If all else fails, wear a sign that says "If you tell me the score of the Dolphins-Jets game, I may be forced to thrash you"

You made a committment to coach and be a father, you go to your kids' games. (That probably sounds more harsh than I meant it to. It's supposed to sound like advice, not condiscending.)

I forgot the title "Dolphins game or kids game". I would definitely without a doubt attend your kids game. The Dolphins will always be there for many more games. It's a team full of grown men who won't be disappointed if you're not there. Likewise, your kids are counting on you to be there for their game. They trust that you'll be there for them and will be hurt and letdown if you're not. Kids grow up so fast and you'll eventually regret not being there for them if you choose the Dolphins game

My son's games were always on sat, Did they tell you b/4 the season the games were on sundays? I would try talking to the league after this week and see if they can play on sat, or else you will have this problem all season.

You're torn not torned..... I kid I kid.

You have to do the kids game. Just try to avoid ANY NFL talk during the day; and don't even think about the Phins. If you float those thoughts out there, someone is bound to pick up on them and start talking about it!

Bah, are you married? If you are, then you have no choice are you will hear it for the next 5 years :) lol.

In all seriousness, gotta do what you got to do. Kids are only small once, enjoy em while you can.
Chubbs

Man it's hard to miss a live game. i didn't know games were played on Sundays until we went to a league meeting 2 weeks ago and they passed out schedules. Even then I didnt catch on until I started planning my month.

I called to verify and just as s*** stinks the games are on Sundays.

Yeah I know it's the right thing to do. My 6 year old, whose number is 54 and plays Mike and favorite player happens to be Zach....is pretty excited.

But I swear if I hear any scores, I hope they have their mouth peices in.

I had to make a different, but equally undesirable decision....

I am in the wedding party for my sister-in-laws wedding. As a gift to all the groomsmen, they got tickets to an Eagles game (south jersey so everyone is Eagles fans....except me of course). Tickets are for opening game, so I had to make a tough decision, and now I will be at the Linc 1pm on Sunday. :(

easy. watch the game and make it up to the kids all week except on monday, thursday and saturday since football is on those days. :up:

Back
Top Bottom