Dolphins Game or Kids Game (Need advice) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Game or Kids Game (Need advice)

go home and watch the football game! screw the kids! let them know early on that they don't mean ****......it'll hurt them more to learn later in life that daddy cares more about some overgrown men playing a game for millions of dollars, who probably could care less about their fans, than his own children....besides whats it gonna hurt if we have a few more kids on the street who turn to drugs, gangs, etc., because they felt unloved at home .....also, to put the cherry on top of it all.....while youre home....drink heavily, so that when your wife comes home to yell at you for not caring about your kids, you can be so drunk you wont give a crap what she says.......then she can divorce you 3 years down the road

I'm sorry, but this is such a stupid question. You go to your sons game without thinking twice about it. I'm just as big of a Phins fan as anyone, but your kid will be much more dissapointed if you don't go to his game than the Phins would be if you didn't watch it when it originally aired. On a side note though what youth league plays games on Sundays??? LoL, I have coached youth football for going on 4 years now and have never heard of Sunday games.

I'm sorry, but this is such a stupid question. You go to your sons game without thinking twice about it. I'm just as big of a Phins fan as anyone, but your kid will be much more dissapointed if you don't go to his game than the Phins would be if you didn't watch it when it originally aired. On a side note though what youth league plays games on Sundays??? LoL, I have coached youth football for going on 4 years now and have never heard of Sunday games.

All Pop Warner football around me is played on Sunday's. Makes sense to me, High School plays on Saturday so the kids play on Sunday (usually on a high school field).

Easy Coach the Kids No Doubt... Cant let Sports your not playing in run your life.. LoL thats how I feel about it anyways..

Gotta go to the kids game. The wife will kill you if not.

You only have one chance to be there for your son. This is that chance. Football and the Dolphins will always be there on TV.
But you'll never get a chance to make it up to your son if he thinks you picked a football game over him.

Spend it with him, not with a tv that cares less if you live or die.

I had to make a different, but equally undesirable decision....

I am in the wedding party for my sister-in-laws wedding. As a gift to all the groomsmen, they got tickets to an Eagles game (south jersey so everyone is Eagles fans....except me of course). Tickets are for opening game, so I had to make a tough decision, and now I will be at the Linc 1pm on Sunday. :(

I turned away Giants tickets to watch the Fins on TV:lol:

I just can't believe they would have the games during the NFL games. Can't you have all the parents and coaches get together and work something out? Did the moms schedule this:lol: What about Sirius radio or something? I don't subscribe to any radio stuff or know much about it but I thought they offered NFL games. Maybe you could get the game on some kind of portable device (I can't keep up with them these days)

go home and watch the football game! screw the kids! let them know early on that they don't mean ****......it'll hurt them more to learn later in life that daddy cares more about some overgrown men playing a game for millions of dollars, who probably could care less about their fans, than his own children....besides whats it gonna hurt if we have a few more kids on the street who turn to drugs, gangs, etc., because they felt unloved at home .....also, to put the cherry on top of it all.....while youre home....drink heavily, so that when your wife comes home to yell at you for not caring about your kids, you can be so drunk you wont give a crap what she says.......then she can divorce you 3 years down the road

man, it wasn't your fault. <hug>

man family first always.
The dolphins will always be there, your kids will grow up faster than you think.

You made a committment to coach and be a father, you go to your kids' games. (That probably sounds more harsh than I meant it to. It's supposed to sound like advice, not condiscending.)

Well said. Sure it will suck not seeing it live, but you're taping it. Good thing about that is you can rewind and rewatch any play you like over and over. Like I do with each preseason game to analyze players.

Children are special, and these moments only last so long. Enjoy them.. there is a reward to selfessness.:up:

Back
Top Bottom