Dolphins have had the most passes thrown against, but allowed 3rd lowest comp % | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have had the most passes thrown against, but allowed 3rd lowest comp %

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Kevin Coyle says Dolphins have had the most passes thrown against them in NFL, but have allowed 3rd-lowest completion pct (54%) and 8th in the league in pass efficiency defense at 77.9 (Pass efficiency is based on completion percentage. yards per attempt, td percentage, and interception percentage).

It sure doesn't feel that way.

Nope it sure doesn't feel that way. Feels like we're giving up 300 yard games with regularity...maybe because we've given up 3 straight 300 yard games.

Im not sure why people on this site beat up our secondary so much. I honestly dont think they are as bad as people think. I havent seen people getting beat too often. We may give up a lot of yards, but our opponents have been playing from behind a lot too. This statistic if proof!

If it weren't for those turnovers we win that game...

I know the D gave up a TD on 4th and 10 but we had the game won before Tannehills fumble.

Nope it sure doesn't feel that way. Feels like we're giving up 300 yard games with regularity...maybe because we've given up 3 straight 300 yard games.

We give up 300 yds passing because nobody wants to run against us. Our run defense is ranked #1, yielding a ridiculously low 2.4 yds/carry. Running against the Miami front 7 is a waste of time, and like running into a brick wall.

very cool stats
i love the low completion percentage
what we need to improve upon is making our opponents pay for all these pass attempts
we should be leading the lead in sacks and INTs...last week was a step in the right direction

You goons just had to not be able to stop Dalton on 4th and 10 from MIA's 15! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

We give up 300 yds passing because nobody wants to run against us. Our run defense is ranked #1, yielding a ridiculously low 2.4 yds/carry. Running against the Miami front 7 is a waste of time, and like running into a brick wall.

That would be fantastic if we were playing in the 1960s

It doesn't feel like we've earned those stats because we haven't been able to stop teams when it actually counts. Opposing offenses have disparate drives against us. We will stop them all game and even in the majority of drives, but end up giving up stupid plays when we don't need it. It's a young and immature team that has to learn to tighten up when it matters most. I like the progression that they've showed, and the mentality seems to be slowly following.

Interesting perspective given the #2 rush defense is giving up 3.0 yds/carry and are 9th in the NFL against the pass giving up 213.0 yds/game (compared to our #30 ranked pass defense giving up 297.8 yds/game), the #3 rush defense is giving up 3.6 yds/carry and their 18th against the pass at 249.5 yds/game...almost 50 yds/game better than us, the #5 rush defense is giving up 3.2 yds/carry and are 5th against the pass at 197.8 yds/game...100 yds/game better than us. So the notion that just because you have a good rushing defense your pass defense is going to suffer would be wrong. You can have both.

Back
Top Bottom