Dolphins have just a 17 percent chance to win their division, oddsmakers say | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have just a 17 percent chance to win their division, oddsmakers say

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
177FINS0917%20TALK%20CTJ

Adam Gase and Ryan Tannehill were doubted in 2016. That hasn’t changed in 2017. CHARLES TRAINOR JR ctrainor@miamiherald.com

If Adam Gase needs more fuel for the Dolphins’ fire in 2017, he doesn’t have to look far.
Few in the betting community believe they’re a playoff team this year.
We told you last week how the over/under on wins for the Dolphins at Bovada is 7 1/2.
Well, it’s a new week, and a new set of slights. The online gambling site has put out yet another betting line that Dolphins players will likely find disrespectful.
The Dolphins’ odds to win the AFC East are a meager 5-1.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article150631567.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
I'm with Goin' Deep and DuderinoN703, I'm kina surprised it's that high too. We are not going to win the division, and 17% is too high. Now a 1.7% chance I could believe. The kings of our division reign supreme ... our goal this year cannot realistically be to dethrone them, although I'm sure it's listed as one in an aspirational sense.

IMHO, our goals should be 1) get back into the playoffs, 2) win a playoff game and prove we can compete, 3) win 10 wins again to show that our team actually is good now, it was not just a blip on the radar for one season, 4) improve our underperforming defense dramatically, 5) become a consistently good run team, 6) score more points, 7) lessen our turnovers and increase our takeaways, 8) be able to kill off games, 9) play smart, and 10) Tannehill to make that step from a decent QB to a definitively good QB.

But winning the Super Bowl or winning the Division ... I just don't see those as realistic goals yet. Although, I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I'm looking more at 2018 as our chance to make a leap that big. I think our ceiling next year is wild card, and I'll take that if it means a healthier and more talented team playing wild card weekend. I still believe that Reshad Jones and Maxwell being out was the difference in that wild card game. Antonio Brown just flat out blew us up early on before the Bell show.

Give me this team healthy and improved heading into a road game on wild card weekend and I like our chances against any team (excluding the Patriots who will be sitting at home anyway).

17% is actually pretty high, considering who we're up against and the knowledge that the Bills will be better this year.

17%? "Doctors say he has a 50/50 chance of living - but there's only a 10% chance of that" - Frank Drebin in the Naked Gun.

Maybe we got that bump from 1.7 to 17 cause Brady is on a Madden cover. But since it's a contract year and Jimmy is best backup ever obviously they could only go so high.

Miami has been cursed to be in the same division as New England. Imagine if Miami was still in the AFC South (which it should be)

Back
Top Bottom