Dolphins have linebackers on their mind. Some draft names to keep in mind. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have linebackers on their mind. Some draft names to keep in mind.

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
linebacker%20art

Georgia’s Roquan Smith remains the best and most logical option if the Dolphins select a linebacker with their first-round pick, 11th overall, in April’s draft.
But there are other linebackers who also have piqued Miami’s interest.
Among them: Boise State’s Leighton Vander Esch, a 6-4, 240-pounder who last season produced exceptional numbers -- 141 tackles (including 7.5 for loss), plus four sacks, three interceptions and four forced fumbles.
“If you put his tape on against Oregon, it’s as good an off-the-ball tape I’ve seen in years,” NFL Network’s Mike Mayock said. “He goes sideline to sideline and is great in the pass game.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article202628449.html

Not sure LVE makes it to the second round. Imagine getting both him and Roquan. Miami would have one of the best linebacking corps in the NFL.

Glad to hear we have interest in Vander Esch, could easily see him going in the first though... what if we could trade back and within the first two rounds grab- LVE, DeShon Elliott (or another safety even perhaps) then an OL... would be a good way to start the draft

I think Roquan Smith is a bit on the small side so I don’t like him for us in the first round rather have Edmonds or Uchenna Nwosu later in the draft

Back
Top Bottom