Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm not surprised by the fact that we will try hard to resign Hartline but a bit surprised by the Clemons news. Although if he wants to sign somewhere around 3M$, he may be a pretty good option at FS.

Hartline is the perfect #2 receiver, he knows the system and he's productive + young and dedicated. Add a Wallace or a Jennings and we'll feature a pretty solid trio with Bess.

I wonder if they'll try to sign Smith too, our CB situation will become nightmarish pretty quickly now that Milliner is clearly out of reach at 12...

If we sign Hartline to anything close to his demands I'm not so sure we can sign another WR in FA.

Makes sense.

Though, I am a huge Starks fan, and think he should be a priority too.

I'm not surprised by the fact that we will try hard to resign Hartline but a bit surprised by the Clemons news. Although if he wants to sign somewhere around 3M$, he may be a pretty good option at FS.

Hartline is the perfect #2 receiver, he knows the system and he's productive + young and dedicated. Add a Wallace or a Jennings and we'll feature a pretty solid trio with Bess.

I wonder if they'll try to sign Smith too, our CB situation will become nightmarish pretty quickly now that Milliner is clearly out of reach at 12...
Agree on Hartline. He's not a guy that's going to score many touchdowns, but he will move the chains and is reliable. I thought he did a good job this year considering he went up against the other teams top corner. I think Clemons is still ascending a bit so I can see that. I'm for letting Smith walk, however. I just don't see a consistently good corner in Smith. Good corners will be hard to find in free agency so I think that will put a huge, huge emphasis on finding two starters in the draft.

Clemons is pretty underrated around here, and Hartline really showed some good potential this past year. Can't say I'm suprised at all, solid re-signs imo.

This says a lot about the rapport between tannehill and hartline.

Glad to see they are putting our biggest areas of concern first, wrs and secondary.

and ireland said they are working at long. prob trying to get him to a friendly 8 mil or so.

fasano in the mix too imo.

clemmons was always on my radar as a cheaper resign and they said they want him back. continuity.

tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400-1.gif

I don't want Hartline or Bess back...I'm tired of average WR's. Where are Duper and Clayton when you need them?

Agree on Hartline. He's not a guy that's going to score many touchdowns, but he will move the chains and is reliable. I thought he did a good job this year considering he went up against the other teams top corner. I think Clemons is still ascending a bit so I can see that. I'm for letting Smith walk, however. I just don't see a consistently good corner in Smith. Good corners will be hard to find in free agency so I think that will put a huge, huge emphasis on finding two starters in the draft.

i watched the oakland game last night and kept thinking how much better hartline will be when wallace/jennings on other side w/ draft choice and a primed reshad matthews sprinkled w/ swope. this guy did this with little supporting cast.

It would be easier to justify resigning our dbs if they created turnovers consistently.

Like Hartline but not sure we they are coveting Clemons?? Can someone tell me when he has come up big,with a big play? As a safety, he should come up with more big plays than what he has produced!! I would rather they keep the Solai and Starks tandem together. Starks is the best free agent we have!!

If we resigned starks along with these two I would be happy to let the rest walk. I figure we would need at least one high round corner in the draft and a FA pickup as well. also spend one of our top 4 picks on a tackle or get one from FA which is what I would prefer

Back
Top Bottom