Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

Great, bring back 2 players that dont make plays. Fits this regime quite well.

Hartline had 1000 yards becuase he was targeted almost 80% of the damn time on a passing play, he better have that many yards being targetted taht often. TD? 1.

CLemons, cant hit, can't tackle, can't catch. Great, deserves an extension for consistently being useless.

2013 already starting on a ****ty note.

And for those that have ANY HOPE or FAITH in us adding playmakers, i will put $20 down rght now that if we resign Hartline we will only add 1 more WR becuase they believe Hartline is a good WR. Who wants to bet that we won't add 2 WR if hartline is resigned at an outrageous price of probably 6mill a year.

Like Hartline but not sure we they are coveting Clemons?? Can someone tell me when he has come up big,with a big play? As a safety, he should come up with more big plays than what he has produced!! I would rather they keep the Solai and Starks tandem together. Starks is the best free agent we have!!

Clemons hit Big Ben on the goal line and caused him to fumble putting us in a good spot to win the game. Sure the refs messed it up but Clemons did his work there. You asked.

Clemons is a very good player, and he improves each year.

And for those that have ANY HOPE or FAITH in us adding playmakers, i will put $20 down rght now that if we resign Hartline we will only add 1 more WR becuase they believe Hartline is a good WR. Who wants to bet that we won't add 2 WR if hartline is resigned at an outrageous price of probably 6mill a year.
bet

Clemons hit Big Ben on the goal line and caused him to fumble putting us in a good spot to win the game. Sure the refs messed it up but Clemons did his work there. You asked.

Clemons is a very good player, and he improves each year.

So we get one big play every four years????? Wow, that sounds like our President!

Hartline had 1000 yards becuase he was targeted almost 80% of the damn time on a passing play, he better have that many yards being targetted taht often. TD? 1.

CLemons, cant hit, can't tackle, can't catch. Great, deserves an extension for consistently being useless.

1000 yards for Hartline is pretty good considering he was THE only WR close to a threat for Miami. Meaning defenders focused solely on him and he still produced. Imagine what Hartline can do if Miami gets a real #1 WR and defenders have somebody else they have to focus on instead of Hartline.

I don't remember him ever being targeted when he wasn't open, thats pretty impressive if he got open 80% of the time.

thats pretty ballsy...20 bucks.

we have 6 picks in first 111 and 45mil in FA. whateva. apparently, you don't listen much to anything ireland/philbin say do you?

Actually Hartline was targeted 25.4% of the time on passing plays. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your rants.

Starks not a "must re-sign"? Didnt he just make the pro-bowl?

This reeks of another Benny Sapp/Legedu Naanee situation. Getting rid of a productive player to let an "Ireland guy" step in. Hopefully they are just getting the "easy" negotiations out of the way before the tough one.

Clemons yes, Hartline only for a fair deal. I don't mind 5/22-23 but a WR who isn't a threat to score should never break the bank.

According to PFF Clemons was #1 safety in the NFL
with the least amount of tds and 1st downs combined

Top 10 First Downs and Touchdowns Allowed
RankNameTeamSnaps1st Downs & TDs1st Downs & TDs %
1Chris D. ClemonsMIA62860.96%
2Eric WeddleSD59271.18%
3Ryan ClarkPIT49761.21%
4Jairus ByrdBUF56171.25%
5Reshad JonesMIA59781.34%
6M.D. JenningsGB35351.42%
7Harrison SmithMIN62291.45%
8Isa Abdul-QuddusNO32051.56%
9Rahim MooreDEN609101.64%
10T.J. WardCLV53991.67%
10George WilsonBUF47881.67%

NOT BAD #1 AND #5 IN THE NFL

RankNameTeamSnaps1st Downs & TDs1st Downs & TDs %
1Chris D. ClemonsMIA62860.96%
2Eric WeddleSD59271.18%
3Ryan ClarkPIT49761.21%
4Jairus ByrdBUF56171.25%
5Reshad JonesMIA59781.34%
6M.D. JenningsGB35351.42%
7Harrison SmithMIN62291.45%
8Isa Abdul-QuddusNO32051.56%
9Rahim MooreDEN609101.64%
10T.J. WardCLV53991.67%
10George WilsonBUF47881.67%

Sorry but Clemons is in no way, shape or form the best Safety in the nfl. I don't care what dumb stats you can come up with

Rank
Name
Team
Snaps
1st Downs & TDs
1st Downs & TDs %
Chris D. Clemons
MIA
0.96%
Eric Weddle
SD
1.18%
Ryan Clark
PIT
1.21%
Jairus Byrd
BUF
1.25%
Reshad Jones
MIA
1.34%
M.D. Jennings
GB
1.42%
Harrison Smith
MIN
1.45%
Isa Abdul-Quddus
NO
1.56%
Rahim Moore
DEN
1.64%
T.J. Ward
CLV
1.67%
George Wilson
BUF
1.67%

Tha was just for allowing 1st downs and TD's. He was the #24 ranked safety overall. I am ok at bringing him back cheap as he is solid and doesn't give up the big play, but he doesn't really make any plays either. He plays technically sound but has very little instincts. They may not need to upgrade right now if they bring him back but they will need to very soon.

Sorry but Clemons is in no way, shape or form the best Safety in the nfl. I don't care what dumb stats you can come up with

Noone ever said he was the best safety in the NFL. It's just pointing out that Clemons allowed the least amount of TDs and first downs, and on more snaps than most. Facts are facts

Back
Top Bottom