Dolphins Head Coaching search of 2012 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Head Coaching search of 2012

WvFinFan

Starter
Reaction score
I very much wanted Jeff Fisher. I feel he is a players coach and players seem to work very hard for him.

After him I have a very easy pick for who I would like to see us land as 2012 Head Coach of the Miami Dolphins:

Option Number 1 - Pete Carmichael jr. of the Saints (I would possibly be even happier to have him over Jeff Fisher)

Option Number 2 - Joe Philbin of the Packers....

Can you guys let me know what you feel the possibility of us landing one of these two guys and which one you would rather have?

Option 1 should be Carmichael and Option 2 should be Zimmer

Philbin should be option 3-4...behind Billick even

I'm skeptical of guys who are offensive coordinators under coaches with offensive backgrounds who have designed and pretty much run the offenses. So yeah, I am real scared of a guy like Philbin or Carmichael.

I'm skeptical of guys who are offensive coordinators under coaches with offensive backgrounds who have designed and pretty much run the offenses. So yeah, I am real scared of a guy like Philbin or Carmichael.
I agree, I fear that those guys bring in the system but lack the creativity to adjust it to our players...

No thanks to philbin or carmichael jr, both are soft spoken and remind me of another cam cameron, give me zimmer and the team will respond to him take on his personality

I agree, I fear that those guys bring in the system but lack the creativity to adjust it to our players...

I'm calling bull****. No one knows how these guys would run this team. Only Ross/Petersom/Ireland do from their interviews.

I just find it funny everyone bitched about Philbin not calling the plays and now that Carmichael is being interviewed and he HAS called the plays the new excuse is " they wouldn't adjust the offense to fit our personal." really? A guy begging to be a HC wouldn't make adjustments to the offense?

Zimmer or Carmichael please.

I'm pulling for either Mike McCoy or Mike Zimmer. I want a guy who is a leader of men. Can command respect & motive his staff and roster. I want a guy who can manage the staff, roster & game.

Option Number 1 - Pete Carmichael jr. of the Saints (I would possibly be even happier to have him over Jeff Fisher)

Option Number 2 - Joe Philbin of the Packers....

Carmichael should be off people's lists. He hasnt interviewed and isnt scheduled to interview.

Philbin is interesting, but nobody knows exactly what his role has been in the Packers' offense. He runs practice and coaches the line, but thats all we really know. He could be good but we cant necessarily give him credit for the Packers success because we dont know how involved he was. Its a risky pick imo.

I'm calling bull****. No one knows how these guys would run this team. Only Ross/Petersom/Ireland do from their interviews.

I just find it funny everyone bitched about Philbin not calling the plays and now that Carmichael is being interviewed and he HAS called the plays the new excuse is " they wouldn't adjust the offense to fit our personal." really? A guy begging to be a HC wouldn't make adjustments to the offense?

Zimmer or Carmichael please.
You can call bull**** all you want... But nobody really knows... The only one I'm really skeptical of is Philbin, because, yes he doesnt call the plays, but he was a OL coach before that... I could live with Carmicheal because before being OC, He worked with QBs. And Zimmer I dont mind at all because he runs his own system, and has shown he can adjust it as he ran both the 4-3 and the 3-4.

Has anyone on this forum mentioned David Shaw from Stanford? Nice resume. Since everyone else going forward is going to be inexperienced, at least he has 1 year of HC experience....

Worked under Andy Reid, John Gruden, Jim Harbaugh, and Brian Billick. Played for Bill Walsh. Maybe he can convince luck to sit out a year if Indy doesn't trade him to us :)

I'll be interested in Shaw when I see what he does without Luck. If you're looking at a college coach how about Gundy from OSU? That's a leader, his guys would run through a wall for him.

Back
Top Bottom